Brand South Africa

Brand South Africa Employee Reviews for Personal Assistant to Director

Found 1 review matching the search
3,0
Working here was an experience. A lot of potential in the organization to contribute positively to the nation's perception of life in SA. Due to wide field of responsibilities a normal day is totally dependant on organizational abilities, which makes it a busy day, and something I enjoy. Work with wonderful people in our small organization. The most diffcult about this job is ensuring that procedure is followed and enforcing that despite unhappiness from staff at times. The most enjoyable part of the job is being a step ahead and being able to provide my boss with information and arranging her life, which is part of being a good personal assistant is. Due to my disabilities, hearing and sight impairments, which is not visible to people at first glance, I am sometimes under pressure to read something like a projected text on screen in boardroom, which is difficult, or people get irritated when I ask them 3 or 4 times to repeat what they are saying. This embarrasses me. I wasn't born with these disabilities, and getting used to it, while trying to explain to people, is not always easy. Luckily I am always laughing and a positive person.
Pros
Benefits and cell phone expenses
Cons
Distance and costs for travel to work