BrightSparkz Tutors

BrightSparkz Tutors Employee Reviews

South Africa18 reviews

3,8Work-Life Balance

A Learning Experience

BrightSparkz Tutors is a great company and a great ethos. When you start there, you will learn all about the company, its goals and go-getter drive and ambition. BrightSparkz is a company you really feel you can believe in. But as with everything else in life, it's what you make of it. If you are willing to take initiative and put yourself out there then management, in my experience, will help you grow. While there were some practices that were not great for me, my overall experience was a positive one. I learned a lot about myself, my interests and passions and to date the work I did there was some of the most fulfilling I have ever done. I was given the opportunity to learn skills applicable to various fields and management trusted me to manage my own time and workload. I did end up working overtime quite often, but that was of my own choosing. They cared about much more than just my work and there are genuinely kind and caring people in the team. My advice to anyone wanting to join BrightSparkz: go for it! But if you go with the intention to do the bare minimum and not collaborate or cooperate with others then you will be miserable. Go with an open mind, a willingness to learn and to support others and the opportunities for growth will be there.

Great way to improve knowledge and do something out of the norm

Not a salary to be dependent on but it can be great if you have a steady client base. Management is great, just stick to invoicing rules, and regulations part of your job description. Students can be amazing and so can parents.

Pros

works best as a side job or afternoon job

Cons

you can wait a while before you paired with a client

Productive and flexible

I enjoyed working here so much, interacting with learners was my favourite part. The recruiters were also amazing and always ready to help. The more clients you get, the more money you make

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

low salary

Fun place to work.

Right from the first email I received they have been nothing but accommodating and friendly. The interview required a little bit of preparation but it was worth it. I haven't had any issues working here and at one point it was the only source of income i had. The more experience you have the better the pay. But for a beginner the pay was pretty good.

Pros

Discounts on courses.

Cons

Clients arent always keen to stay on.

Professional and fun workplace

Brightsparkz was an amazing company to work for. The hours were completely up to my own choosing and the clients were plentiful. The management team at Brightsparkz were always accommodating and professional.

It is a great company to work for and the level of professionalism is beyond par

Brightsparkz is a company that is just the best when coming to professionalism and their conduct. The clients they give are always well mannered and they take their employees interests seriously

It’s not all rainbows as per first impressions

To be put simply the cons outweigh the pros. At first you are greeted with flexi hours and understanding management who make you believe you’re working in the best office in the world but that facade soon wears thin and you’re actually met with unfair treatment of staff (favoritism), having to always prove your reasoning for requiring flexi hours (some have to but some do not), having a degree that is in essence worthless as it is a job requirement but you’re paid far below its worth and lastly continuous micro management from people who lack the experience of working for an employer and therefore adjust the work culture to be one of misery rather than enjoyment. At first it’s great but then reality checks in and you’re stuck in a job with little career growth but rather personal growth, being underpaid yet having a degree and continuously being scrutinized.

Productive but unfair workplace

There is no career advancement, require employees to have degrees yet pay them little. The office culture is good, top management lacks work experience and thus make poor judgement on how to handle employees.

Pros

Cons

Underpay

Fun

Great opportunity to meet new people and teach new people. It is amazing as it teaches you to be responsible and accountable for your actions. With discipline and structure you can go places.

Productive workplace

Friendly learners. I have learnt how conduct online sessions effectively. is when rescheduling the meeting appointment does not correspond with other people.

Pros

Flexible hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BrightSparkz Tutors?

I learned a lot

Working for BrightSparkz was a very good experience for me. I worked a lot with special needs kids and really was able to almost perfect my ability to tutor patiently and well.

Pros

Experience

Cons

Long hours, too little compensation in relation to fuel price.

Good work experience

It is a comfortable working environment as you meet new people and you get what you put in. It is perfect for students. Also helps with to improve self confidence

Pros

Own hours

Cons

Driving time

Did not have tutoring experience

I was enlisted a registered tutor for 10 months under the company but only received one offer to tutor a client who's requirements were outside of my expertise.

Cons

Few work opportunities

Poor management

There is no clear basis on how they allocate tutoring jobs, which results in some tutors not having any students to tutor. Atleast with other tutoring companies such as Teach me 2, there is a clear basis on allocation of jobs which is fair. Whoever is in charge has poor management skills especially when there is a conflict of Interest. I was once discriminated when clearly the client to be tutored was in the wrong, but because they obviously needed the money(it's just business I understand) they chose to side with the client :-):-)

Very relaxed and easy work.

Paid by hour. Good environment and management. You need own transport but will be paid for if driving for distances above 10km. Easy work if tutoring lower levels. Pleasant experience.

Pros

Short hours. Not demanding.

Cons

Travel.

They are professional management. The salary is good, if you are willing and able to be a tutor to other people to help them study and grow throughout life.

Very well managed

It is a great place to work, you can to a certain extent choose your hours. They are very helpful in solving any problems you may have. They always treat you and your clients with respect.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

You are not guaranteed a client every month

Fun and flexible

Convenient position with good hourly pay and very flexible working conditions. Challenging but rewarding working environment. Learned a number of useful skills pertaining to customer relations.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BrightSparkz Tutors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance