British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Superb, thanks for only challenge is of new commers(management) that make environment UNCOMFORTABLE. BATSA as a company is superb, a company to die for.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and extremely professional
Cons
New management that want to make impression at cost of fellow employees
The company put full trust in their workers. Company benefits are of high quality and can not be easy match. Top management engage with all employees and everyone is treated with humility and make you feel safe in the company.
Pros
Company vehicles and petrol cards
Cons
Long distance travel
I would go back any time given the opportunity to do so. Due to the fact that culture work ethics talent development , Work environment and condition.
Pros
Professionalism number for everyone
Cons
quick change
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
A company that working, very must helping karabo chiloane must back to coming work advice me try learn motivation successfully will understand feeling better and be happy
productivity is very key Operating the machine operating overhead crane SHE rep training Operated Pallet truck working safe at all times The Company encourages diversity .
I'm hard working person who can take any task given , working long hours and I can working over times and I'm perciant person I can working even weekends
Well presented on the surface but very low salary, no over time, over worked, forget about getting your pension fund money back when you retire. Small for small pay when one is doing higher rank taskstasks
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Slavery with peanuts
Structure for management is too much remember business needs operators to deliver product also make operators happy in terms of bonuses and production bonuses management they get enough
Pros
Free lunches for producing target
Cons
Great company to work for with great benefits and salary, very stressful targets and management not really doing their all to support you. I've had a total of 9 hijackings and 2 shootouts. I had to leave for my wellbeing
Pros
Great organisation with great benefits and incentive
Cons
Definite hijacking
They discriminated against me being pregnant. The people were awesome except the person over me. The rest of tbe company are wonderful people especially the reps. They are always helpful.
Best company to work for. Work-life is great. You need quite a lot about Sales and Marketing which will greatly benefit you in your career. It is unfortunate there are not a lot of opportunities because the company had to restructure and get rid of some of the positions.
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured. A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff. Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
I loved working at B.A.T. where I got to interact with some of the nicest people at all levels. Although it is a very structured company, management is always open to new ways of working. At BAT, people come from many cultures and background so it was great working with such diverse group of humans. I loved the open door policy I had with my line managers.
I'm a qualified accountant under SAIPA with more than 10 years of experience. I'm currently working for EOH Mthombo who is having more that 700 companies under EOH Mthombo. I work for their shared services in Western Cape with a portfolio of 11 companies with different needs. We do: Balance sheet recons, Vat Returns, EMP201's, creditors recons, debtors recons, payments and the whole cashbook function for local companies who also have a few foreign transactions.
Pros
Good working environment
I'm a dependable, punctual,motivated hard worker. I'm seeking to find employment at a company that would allow me to grow as a person and an employee,and take on challenges that lie ahead. I will endeavor to effectively perform all my tasks as required by the company and maintain the standard as defined by you.
The environment was goal orientated. My collegues where of great standard with vast experience in the FMCG industry.Called on about 40 clients a day ranging from Spaza shops run by foreign nationals to organized groceries and forecourts. The hardest part of the organisation was non deliveries and point of sale availabillity and execusion. Most enjoyable part was the road shows of new product launches and the developement online programmes
Safety conscious company, it cares more about its workers, clean environment. I have always had good relationships with my colleagues and I really enjoyed doing my training with the company.
a typical day at work was informal outlets planned for the day. i learned stratergic planning and EHS employee health and safety,lounching new tobacco product. profit planning for outlets and the company its self. workplace culture,the hardest part of the job was avoding incidents. the most enjoyable part of the job achieving targets for the day,weekly and monthly Never straggled smooth sailing. really enjoyed the global positive program*****
BAT is the best company to work for. It is therefor a company that I many recommend to employees. I have learned quite a lot in my role as Regional HR Business Partner within BAT.
I'm the best person on what I am doing and experiences and knowledge I have in this industry it can suit me well to be a good asset to the organization