British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco Employee Review

High Risk Job

4,0
27 January 2020
Great company to work for with great benefits and salary, very stressful targets and management not really doing their all to support you. I've had a total of 9 hijackings and 2 shootouts. I had to leave for my wellbeing
3,0Work/Life Balance
3,0Salary/Benefits
3,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
2,0Culture
Pros
Great organisation with great benefits and incentive
Cons
Definite hijacking
5,0
7 September 2020
Same role
Sales Representaitive (Former Employee) - Kimberley, Northern Cape
The company put full trust in their workers. Company benefits are of high quality and can not be easy match. Top management engage with all employees and everyone is treated with humility and make you feel safe in the company.
Pros
Company vehicles and petrol cards
Cons
Long distance travel
5,0
29 June 2020
Same role
Sales Representative (Current Employee) - Durban, KwaZulu-Natal
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
4,0
14 March 2014
Same roleSame location
Prompt Sales Rep (Current Employee) - Port Elizabeth, EC
A typical day at work is just for me to do what I am employed to do and that is to go out to my territory and sell tobacco and not just reach but exceeding my target. Also continuously working/cementing on the relationship already build with the customer. In the process I've learned to listen to the clients and coming up with solutions that will be of benefit to both parties. The kind of atmosphere which one will experience amongst the co-works is a crazy one (in a good way) if I can put it in a casual way. The most enjoyable part with my job is that I work for the biggest tobacco company and with powerful brands so that gives us advantage putting us a step ahead of our competitors.
Pros
It's a reputable company
Cons
Growth