British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco Employee Review

Productive, good management

13 July 2019
Best company, Nice staff, safe environment - Management are consistent and helpful. Always had assistance when I didn't know something, trying is 100% Wonderful building with cafeteria, food was affordable and nice People are all around helpful and friendly, close knit family environment while very professional. One of my best jobs ever! Sadly my contract ended and they moved to the Waterfront, but as far as I know they are still the best!
5,0
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
15 October 2019
General Ledger Administrator (Former Employee) - Stellenbosch, Western Cape
I'm a qualified accountant under SAIPA with more than 10 years of experience. I'm currently working for EOH Mthombo who is having more that 700 companies under EOH Mthombo. I work for their shared services in Western Cape with a portfolio of 11 companies with different needs. We do: Balance sheet recons, Vat Returns, EMP201's, creditors recons, debtors recons, payments and the whole cashbook function for local companies who also have a few foreign transactions.
Pros
Good working environment
21 June 2019
Same location
Senior Analyst (General Ledger Dept.) (Former Employee) - Stellenbosch, Western Cape
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME. We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment. It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today. I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected. BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
3,0
11 June 2019
Analyst (Former Employee) - Stellenbosch, Western Cape
Great company to work for and to be associated with. Creative and innovative business knowing where they want to be and how to reach it. Brand driven.