British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
BATSA has an extremely good culture and a good value system. The policies and procedures are excellent and their salary and benefits are 2nd to none.
Pros
car, medical, 13th cheque, profit sharing
Cons
early start
British American is not your standard 8-5 job, Working for this large corporation required a lot of dedication and hardwork. The company culture is working together to achieve more, that required long hours of work, but at the end it was worthwhile. The company promotes career advancements. The hardest part of the Job was having a good work/personal life balance.
Cons
its a good company to work for in terms of culture the staff is fun because its normally people your age , but growth is limited, its also very risky.
•implementing and increasing awareness if strategic drive initiative •increase sales coverage by identifying new sales prospects according to segmentation tool •achieve volume and value targets on strategic focus brands as well as picture success • proving timeout feedback to team and internal customer on area for improvement on effeciences compensation (active)or any business
Pros
12am to 1pm
Cons
BAT is steering through tough legislative changes. Great rewards. Constant changing environment with great experience that can be taken away.
This was one of best company's i have worked for i would still be there today had it not been for the new direction they have choose. in accordance to there starting times in the morning.Great product great people and Great business training. I have nothing bad to say about them i really enjoyed my time with them..
Pros
Great Training courses and development
Cons
long hour and no time managment
I am passionate and proud to work for BAT. My previous experience has provided me with all the necessary skills to cope with the day to day challenges of problem solving any issues I face in the field. I have learn and grown my ability to be professional and positive in each and every call. The key attributes that I have learnt is to Plan and Prepare before each call. Have a positive approach to achieve high targets. Time Management
Pros
Salary
Cons
No growth oppotunities
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at British American Tobacco?
My day would start by checking if there is anything due for submission today or within the next 5 days. Quick review of how the individuals performed the previous day. Note any unusual deviation and sought corrective. measures. I learned that a team is made up of individuals that need to be managed differently from each other. The management of the company was extremely efficient and all knew their responsibilities. I found a good culture of cooperation from co-workers. Always willing to lend a hand wen needed. The hardest part of the job was when one had to initiate a disciplinary hearing for someone who has deviated from the work ethics. I found performance appraisal and rewarding individuals by means of salary raise due to good performance most enjoyable.
typical day at work, it is when you get hijacked and you have to go to police station and to be traumatized as well learned a lot on dealing with customers face to face under FMCG Management is good but sometimes they don't understand what the Rep feel. like always push for sales even if market is flared co workers are good, we got a very good relationship with others hardest part of it is hijack the benefit of medical aid, Salary, and pension
Pros
no Lunch
Cons
yes very long hours
My route starts from Musgrave in Durban to Stanger, quite exciting job.
Pros
driving and meeting different customers daily
Cons
Start work at 5h45
They is always pressure but with determination and paying attention to details your day is over before you know it
Pros
flexibe
Cons
good working conditions
within the team i am in - we have a weekly morning meeting on a Monday. The rest of the week, you are able to leave straight from home and go infield, seeing the customers routed to your call list for the day. Manager would join and come work infield at any given time, to teach, assist, or observe. i work within a team of 6 diverse members, who all get on great and are willing to help out wherever neccessary. The most difficult part of my job is the ristrictions in tobacco due to legislation. The most enjoyable part is the people i socialize and iteract with on a daily basis.
Pros
company benefits
Cons
always on the road, i would prefer a more balanced time for office and infield work.
My job was calling on customers on a daily basis and making sure that targets are met. The hardest part of the job was the risk element because cigarettes attract a lot of attention from thugs and a couple of my colleagues were unfortunate to be involved in hijackings. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customer happy after good service.
Pros
good exposure
Cons
long hours, very risky