British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews in Heidelberg, Gauteng

I would go back any time given the opportunity to do so. Due to the fact that culture work ethics talent development , Work environment and condition.
Pros
Professionalism number for everyone
Cons
quick change
A company that working, very must helping karabo chiloane must back to coming work advice me try learn motivation successfully will understand feeling better and be happy
productivity is very key Operating the machine operating overhead crane SHE rep training Operated Pallet truck working safe at all times The Company encourages diversity .
Structure for management is too much remember business needs operators to deliver product also make operators happy in terms of bonuses and production bonuses management they get enough
Pros
Free lunches for producing target
Cons
I'm a dependable, punctual,motivated hard worker. I'm seeking to find employment at a company that would allow me to grow as a person and an employee,and take on challenges that lie ahead. I will endeavor to effectively perform all my tasks as required by the company and maintain the standard as defined by you.
Safety conscious company, it cares more about its workers, clean environment. I have always had good relationships with my colleagues and I really enjoyed doing my training with the company.
I learned a lot about working with other people and building a relationship with them. Every day you learn something new and get more experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. Everyone is always friendly and will help you where they can.
I learned how to manage curtain situations better and how to work with different people all at once. I enjoyed learning new systems on the computer and how to implement the new data.
Good communication with workers , HR is very attentively to employees.safe and a cleaniest company to work at,employers provide with training and lessons.EHS is very important there.
Pros
Normal tea break and lunch
Cons
Normal hours or overtime if provided
Typical work material I use come from over-seas, I learned to odder early, I manage my time by checking early what will I need for the week, we have a good relationship with my co-workers, my hardest part of my job I m the heart of the company should anything goes wrong we lose consumer and the company can close down, I enjoy my job mostly wen I realized I have deliver the expectations
Pros
free working clothes
Cons
shift circles
I am proud to work for BAT. Winner of Employer of the Year 7 years in a row. They gave me the opportunity to proof myself and I could attend training courses to better myself.
Pros
Bonus twice a year and work/life balance.
Cons
Sometimes unnecessary red tape.
Loading containers with the forklift, shunting/moving containers with the truck, stacking the containers with the Kalmar. Truck and Kalmar licences, Health and Safety rep., First Aid and Firefighting. The management was good. My co-workers were like family and we were an excellent team. Nothing was too hard to do. I enjoyed every bit of my work.
Pros
Excellent medical aid, pension, leave, bonus and incentive bonus.
Cons
Excellent development and training. I have developed skills in various functions High pressure and fast paced Excellent training and development
Pros
Diverse Culture
Cons
outside of central gauteng
The company has given me a lot of self improvement and the opportunity to enrich and outgrow myself in my current position. The complany is definitely a company anyone would want to work for, they have wonderful benefits and care about their employees. The staff are friendly and very easy to work with. Ive learned to improve my people skills, to feel comfortable with all levels of employees and also the ability to improve myself by allowing me to give training, conducting EHS audits on a monthly basis and also to involve me in a whole different level of Safety. I not only got to work on the construction part of HSE but also on the manufacturing part, giving me the opportunity to learn more about machines, entrapments, production and working with different cultures of people.
Pros
Cheap lunches, friendly collegues
Cons
No permanent positions available
Have to meet your target.I learnt to be more focus & put consumers needs at firstManagement was not working hand in hand with the people on the floorWe worked as teamWhen i'd make waste because of negligenceWhen given incentives as to show appreciation on my job well done
Pros
the best team will be awarded be it free lunches or outings
Cons
time keeping
-First thing meet with a going out technician for his shift report.-Check the production targets to meet or to be produced on the day.-Make sure that quality of the brand produced meet company standards.-Workers are friendly and willing to help each other.- Is to change the brands more than Three times a day.- Machine challenges and communicating or meeting with other departments
Pros
of cause team buildings and free lunches.
Cons
quick change, knocking off at ten o'clock on friday night and knock on at six o'clock the next morning
Management is very strict, from morning one must make sure that the whole factory is clean, help with parade for security contrators, then cctv monitoring. The hardest part is when your releiver does not pitch and you have to wait a little longer or probably work their whole shift as well. The most enjoyable part is when you catch the thief red handed on camera and youve been suspecting them.
Cons
i learned a lot about working with different types of people... The hardest part of working for British American Tobacco is dealing with the management at the Heidelberg factory.
Pros
free lunches every 100 without injuries, and team building exercises
Cons
three shifts