British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews for Marketing Representative

Team is always matter rather than individual charecters. It was great especially when we have achieved our sales target across different market segment.
Pros
Good incentives and great benefits
Cons
Working in a darkening market where u cant advertise your product due to highly regulated enviroment
Great company to learn about the cigarette market and speed of route to market. got promoted twice at this company and really enjoyed learning about sales and trade marketing.
Pros
bonus structure and culture
Cons
long hours trying to cover your universe/area withing 2 weeks of new campaign.
Prompt Rep and Trade reps work very early 06:00AM ,I learnt alot about FMCG market the formal trade as well as the main market, Management chooses really great people, their training is Phenomenal, the hardest part of the job is possible hijacks as we sometimes carry stock(Cigarettes).
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Hijacks affect PERSONAL INSURANCE!! WTF
BATSA has an extremely good culture and a good value system. The policies and procedures are excellent and their salary and benefits are 2nd to none.
Pros
car, medical, 13th cheque, profit sharing
Cons
early start
Normal working day starts at 6AM and finishes once you have visited all your daily targeted client. Mostly after 4:30PM. Risky work as there are too many hijackings taking place daily. Management expect targets to be achieved on a daily basis. (target is 22 outlet visits daily.) Salary is great but conditions are rough. By Thursday every week, we are all suffering from exhaustion and burn out. No festive holidays and sometimes we work on public holidays.
Pros
Flexible working conditions
Cons
Long hours driving and working