British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

The company put full trust in their workers. Company benefits are of high quality and can not be easy match. Top management engage with all employees and everyone is treated with humility and make you feel safe in the company.
Pros
Company vehicles and petrol cards
Cons
Long distance travel
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
Well presented on the surface but very low salary, no over time, over worked, forget about getting your pension fund money back when you retire. Small for small pay when one is doing higher rank taskstasks
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Slavery with peanuts
Great company to work for with great benefits and salary, very stressful targets and management not really doing their all to support you. I've had a total of 9 hijackings and 2 shootouts. I had to leave for my wellbeing
Pros
Great organisation with great benefits and incentive
Cons
Definite hijacking
Best company to work for. Work-life is great. You need quite a lot about Sales and Marketing which will greatly benefit you in your career. It is unfortunate there are not a lot of opportunities because the company had to restructure and get rid of some of the positions.
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured. A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff. Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
The environment was goal orientated. My collegues where of great standard with vast experience in the FMCG industry.Called on about 40 clients a day ranging from Spaza shops run by foreign nationals to organized groceries and forecourts. The hardest part of the organisation was non deliveries and point of sale availabillity and execusion. Most enjoyable part was the road shows of new product launches and the developement online programmes
a typical day at work was informal outlets planned for the day. i learned stratergic planning and EHS employee health and safety,lounching new tobacco product. profit planning for outlets and the company its self. workplace culture,the hardest part of the job was avoding incidents. the most enjoyable part of the job achieving targets for the day,weekly and monthly Never straggled smooth sailing. really enjoyed the global positive program*****
Company only care about profit not people that are working for them. High jackings were not treated well, traijings were there but they were not helping to treat trauma after highjackings
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at British American Tobacco?
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
Best company I've every worked for and would still be working for BATSA if it wasn't for the risk it contained. The benefits we had was great and the working hour was the best.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
Very risky
Passion on new knowledge and willing to share among colleagues - Best employer ever Recognised own limitations and strengths and self-reflected for improvements - Maintained good relationship with colleagues and clients
Pros
Flexibility, high pay
Cons
Long training time to get quality product knowledge
It can be very stressful because you deal with stock, money and the risk of being hijacked by criminals. I have learned to work alone and within a team and manage all sorts of pressure.I like meeting new clients and overcoming objections and travelling all around Cape Town.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
security aspect as we work with money
Day started with meeting at 06H00 in the morning planning the day ahead.I left at 07H30 to go the market.I learned that enthusiasm and positivity rubs off on the clients as well,be honest and respect the different cultures.The management is reliable and supportive.The workplace culture was very diverse but always a positive vibe.The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of departments closing because of government pressure.The most enjoyable part of the job was my close relationship with my fellow employees and the job satisfaction of satisfied customers.
My day starts at 6am when we have our morning meetings,after which i leave to go an do my daily sales calls(35 average) in my designated territory. On completion ill go back to the office to reconcile my day and complete any admin i might have. In my view the organisation as a whole is an awesome place to be at however the people placed in management roles excluding the regional manager(shes awesome) are pretty useless and just taking up valued space as the reps are so well equipped and multi skilled to do there jobs and there own efficiantly and effectively. They do unfortunately,take the credit for jobs well done and higher pay.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No growth
You feel great to be associated with the team since there is unity and greetings in the morning and meetings with management. Workplace culture is multinational and diversity forms a big part of the company and since it is a multinational concern it incorporates international perspective in the daily work which is great for learning. the hardest part is difficult clauses that the government passes on a daily basis and the joyful part of the job is the caliber of people you interact with from staff to customers.
Pros
Trips
Cons
I enjoyed working at BATSA it was a very wonderful place to work at. The only problem was the hijackings that happened on a daily basis. I had times to hold meetings and that was very good for the growth of the company.
Pros
Being in a good Company
Cons
Hijackings
It was a good company to work for although there a lot of hijacks.I have gained a lot of experience in terms of dealing with customer complaints & other issues.They were a lot of challenges but i had to overcome them by being positive & ignoring all the negative things around my job
benefits
Cons
hijacks
It was good experience for working at BAT, I enjoy working as sales representative and it was easy to approach our customers to tell them about New products
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
delivering stock,collection of monies, counting and banking monies, stock balancing learnt to be responsible with stock, company vehicle, money management is always willing to assist co-workers are like family hi-jackings salary
Pros
good stable income
Cons
a lot of risk
its a good company to work for in terms of culture the staff is fun because its normally people your age , but growth is limited, its also very risky.