British American Tobacco
4,4 out of 5 stars.

British American Tobacco Culture reviews

I would go back any time given the opportunity to do so. Due to the fact that culture work ethics talent development , Work environment and condition.
Pros
Professionalism number for everyone
Cons
quick change
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
Great company to work for with great benefits and salary, very stressful targets and management not really doing their all to support you. I've had a total of 9 hijackings and 2 shootouts. I had to leave for my wellbeing
Pros
Great organisation with great benefits and incentive
Cons
Definite hijacking
They discriminated against me being pregnant. The people were awesome except the person over me. The rest of tbe company are wonderful people especially the reps. They are always helpful.
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured. A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff. Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
I loved working at B.A.T. where I got to interact with some of the nicest people at all levels. Although it is a very structured company, management is always open to new ways of working. At BAT, people come from many cultures and background so it was great working with such diverse group of humans. I loved the open door policy I had with my line managers.
Safety conscious company, it cares more about its workers, clean environment. I have always had good relationships with my colleagues and I really enjoyed doing my training with the company.
a typical day at work was informal outlets planned for the day. i learned stratergic planning and EHS employee health and safety,lounching new tobacco product. profit planning for outlets and the company its self. workplace culture,the hardest part of the job was avoding incidents. the most enjoyable part of the job achieving targets for the day,weekly and monthly Never straggled smooth sailing. really enjoyed the global positive program*****
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME. We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment. It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today. I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected. BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
Brilliant company to work for. Learnt a lot and the people I worked with were just fantastic. Called on 30 customers a day. Learnt the art of selling, logistics and route planning and optimization. Hardest part was customers commit to a sale but then dont except the order the next day from the courier. Best part of the job was the people I engaged with and now have a great understanding of South Western Districts.
Pros
Full benefits and company car
Cons
No commissions
Great place and culture to work, FMCG education University, excellent product knowledge and Induction, excellent working tools, product promotions, the hardest part of the job was Roberries and car high jacking. Outlets segmentation education according to classes of trade.
Pros
Great Packs-14th Cheque during my time of employment
Cons
N/a
I learned a lot about working with other people and building a relationship with them. Every day you learn something new and get more experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. Everyone is always friendly and will help you where they can.
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
They had an amazing talent management programme. Their strategy process was inclusive. They push for high performance and it shows in their results. They are not afraid to use their talent in all areas of the business. This provides opportunities to expose talent to new things and grows the skill level in the individual. They have been hard on their people with the weekly hijackings that took place. People suffered. Nobody cared but I believe that they have changed the sales model to reduce hijackings now. They used a dogged, fear by management culture to implement that route to market. Their best leadership talent left because of these changes. I believe they have tried to make it better. They went from an amazing people culture to a very harsh one whilst I was there. I cannot speak for the current culture. IF you want to understand the words "High Performance" and are open to learning and working very hard... BAT is the place to be. You will learn. You will grow. and if you achieve, you will develop your career to wherever you want it to go. that's priceless.
To take over from your colleague was always interesting ,learned most of my skills from BAT,there was always a good understanding between the different cultures ,the shifts were always hard to get used to ,the most enjoyable part was to see the production flow
Pros
Had a big lounge
Cons
shifts
BAT is a well organised workplace that provides great learning opportunity. Moral at his branch is high and has all the criteria for a great workplace met. The staff is friendly and always have time for a joke or to between working really hard when times are pushing.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Waiting periods for parts to arrive from over seas
Awesome company to work for when you're younger and subscribe to the sale and use of the company's products. However, growth opportunities and compensation were limited.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
sometimes no lunch. Do not trust anyone always have something that will back you supportive and willing to upgrade staff work as a team Hijacks To many benefits
Pros
voucher
Cons
medical aid benefit
Great company to learn about the cigarette market and speed of route to market. got promoted twice at this company and really enjoyed learning about sales and trade marketing.
Pros
bonus structure and culture
Cons
long hours trying to cover your universe/area withing 2 weeks of new campaign.
Day started with meeting at 06H00 in the morning planning the day ahead.I left at 07H30 to go the market.I learned that enthusiasm and positivity rubs off on the clients as well,be honest and respect the different cultures.The management is reliable and supportive.The workplace culture was very diverse but always a positive vibe.The hardest part of the job was the uncertainty of departments closing because of government pressure.The most enjoyable part of the job was my close relationship with my fellow employees and the job satisfaction of satisfied customers.
Very good company to work for with brilliant benefits. if I had to pick a negative, It would have to be Job Security. The Industry experiences various changes and that brings about restructering.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The Unknown