British American Tobacco
4,4 out of 5 stars.

British American Tobacco Job Security & Advancement reviews

I'm driver at batsa,less pressure cause we using app called pentra,it make job easier, I highly recommend this job because I'm always learning and I'm willing to learn more
Pros
Cons
9hours or more
You are only there for your job, Lots of training about the company. Found that growing more in the company did not work out for me due to BEE. Over all a nice place to work.
Pros
Lots of incentive bonusses.
Cons
Shifts
I would go back any time given the opportunity to do so. Due to the fact that culture work ethics talent development , Work environment and condition.
Pros
Professionalism number for everyone
Cons
quick change
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
Best company to work for. Work-life is great. You need quite a lot about Sales and Marketing which will greatly benefit you in your career. It is unfortunate there are not a lot of opportunities because the company had to restructure and get rid of some of the positions.
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured. A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff. Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
BAT is the best company to work for. It is therefor a company that I many recommend to employees. I have learned quite a lot in my role as Regional HR Business Partner within BAT.
I'm the best person on what I am doing and experiences and knowledge I have in this industry it can suit me well to be a good asset to the organization
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME. We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment. It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today. I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected. BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
Great place and culture to work, FMCG education University, excellent product knowledge and Induction, excellent working tools, product promotions, the hardest part of the job was Roberries and car high jacking. Outlets segmentation education according to classes of trade.
Pros
Great Packs-14th Cheque during my time of employment
Cons
N/a
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at British American Tobacco?
A lot has changed since I stopped working at BAT but I loved the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. BAT really looked after their staff and potential for career growth was good until it needed to downsize the market in which I was working. You are rewarded for hard work.
They had an amazing talent management programme. Their strategy process was inclusive. They push for high performance and it shows in their results. They are not afraid to use their talent in all areas of the business. This provides opportunities to expose talent to new things and grows the skill level in the individual. They have been hard on their people with the weekly hijackings that took place. People suffered. Nobody cared but I believe that they have changed the sales model to reduce hijackings now. They used a dogged, fear by management culture to implement that route to market. Their best leadership talent left because of these changes. I believe they have tried to make it better. They went from an amazing people culture to a very harsh one whilst I was there. I cannot speak for the current culture. IF you want to understand the words "High Performance" and are open to learning and working very hard... BAT is the place to be. You will learn. You will grow. and if you achieve, you will develop your career to wherever you want it to go. that's priceless.
I was only hired for a contract while somebody was on maternity leave. Lots of incentives. Lots of roadshows to keep company spirit up and lots of goody bags
Pros
Cafeteria, Playrooms, Focus rooms
Cons
so sad it was only a contract, would have liked to say on
One of the things i love about BAT is that you are given the space to grow but you have to be ready to hit the ground running and also have the ability to multitask should not be afraid to ask for help. You are given the freedom to manage your work provided that you deliver.
Awesome company to work for when you're younger and subscribe to the sale and use of the company's products. However, growth opportunities and compensation were limited.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
At a short space of time that I worked for BAT, I learned a lot and they gave me great assignments to work on. At this environmennt. management at BAT gave me space to work independently and achieved the desired results.
Pros
Learned more than just sales, learned about distribution, Stock management, and financial management
Cons
Some long hours, if you work at a satellite depot
It was the first time I had worked in a corporate environment and I feel I gained valuable experience whilst there for my three month temp contract. Managers and colleagues alike were supportive and happy people.
They still have a long way to go. They need to constantly compare themselves with other big FMCG companies globally. They have good systems in place but they are not using them to their advantage
Great company to learn about the cigarette market and speed of route to market. got promoted twice at this company and really enjoyed learning about sales and trade marketing.
Pros
bonus structure and culture
Cons
long hours trying to cover your universe/area withing 2 weeks of new campaign.
Very good company to work for with brilliant benefits. if I had to pick a negative, It would have to be Job Security. The Industry experiences various changes and that brings about restructering.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The Unknown
This company was the bset company to work for. Took care of the staff and employees. Never abundant their culture and staff Always had training and better prospects fo rtheir staff
Pros
training and oppotunities
Cons
better results and upliftments to employees