British American Tobacco
4,4 out of 5 stars.

British American Tobacco Work-Life Balance reviews

You are only there for your job, Lots of training about the company. Found that growing more in the company did not work out for me due to BEE. Over all a nice place to work.
Pros
Lots of incentive bonusses.
Cons
Shifts
Superb, thanks for only challenge is of new commers(management) that make environment UNCOMFORTABLE. BATSA as a company is superb, a company to die for.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and extremely professional
Cons
New management that want to make impression at cost of fellow employees
I would go back any time given the opportunity to do so. Due to the fact that culture work ethics talent development , Work environment and condition.
Pros
Professionalism number for everyone
Cons
quick change
Bat is a good company to work for. The culture of the company is very good and they are looking after their employees. Their salary matches the work you do.
A company that working, very must helping karabo chiloane must back to coming work advice me try learn motivation successfully will understand feeling better and be happy
I'm hard working person who can take any task given , working long hours and I can working over times and I'm perciant person I can working even weekends
Best company to work for. Work-life is great. You need quite a lot about Sales and Marketing which will greatly benefit you in your career. It is unfortunate there are not a lot of opportunities because the company had to restructure and get rid of some of the positions.
Its a great company to work for based on the friendly atmosphere/attitude of its employees and its salary structure is very well structured. A big NO is their management people from top level to lower management, they lack general understanding of .managing staff. Personal Advancement in the company is Zero to Nil, unless you know someone from management who can create a position for you or encourage you to apply for a particular position. Favouritism is a culture.
I'm a dependable, punctual,motivated hard worker. I'm seeking to find employment at a company that would allow me to grow as a person and an employee,and take on challenges that lie ahead. I will endeavor to effectively perform all my tasks as required by the company and maintain the standard as defined by you.
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
I was only hired for a contract while somebody was on maternity leave. Lots of incentives. Lots of roadshows to keep company spirit up and lots of goody bags
Pros
Cafeteria, Playrooms, Focus rooms
Cons
so sad it was only a contract, would have liked to say on
To take over from your colleague was always interesting ,learned most of my skills from BAT,there was always a good understanding between the different cultures ,the shifts were always hard to get used to ,the most enjoyable part was to see the production flow
Pros
Had a big lounge
Cons
shifts
One of the things i love about BAT is that you are given the space to grow but you have to be ready to hit the ground running and also have the ability to multitask should not be afraid to ask for help. You are given the freedom to manage your work provided that you deliver.
Awesome company to work for when you're younger and subscribe to the sale and use of the company's products. However, growth opportunities and compensation were limited.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
At a short space of time that I worked for BAT, I learned a lot and they gave me great assignments to work on. At this environmennt. management at BAT gave me space to work independently and achieved the desired results.
Pros
Learned more than just sales, learned about distribution, Stock management, and financial management
Cons
Some long hours, if you work at a satellite depot
its a fun creative inveroment and every one is free at workplace i love the way they run the company very simple and easy but hard work on the goals you wanted to reach
Pros
free tea
Cons
They still have a long way to go. They need to constantly compare themselves with other big FMCG companies globally. They have good systems in place but they are not using them to their advantage
Great company to learn about the cigarette market and speed of route to market. got promoted twice at this company and really enjoyed learning about sales and trade marketing.
Pros
bonus structure and culture
Cons
long hours trying to cover your universe/area withing 2 weeks of new campaign.
You start at 6am get the briefings from the senior management. after that you look at you calls for the day and plan accordingly. Route to market sell the product to existing and new customers. Open up new potential customers. when you done for the day you count you stock and balancing your cash. I've learn a lot how to approach difficult customers and closing the sales and other techniques of Sales. Management their are good but there is no room for growth it takes time for internal staff to be promoted. Getting hijacked for cigarretes. Enjoyable part was money and you are not office bound.
Pros
you buy your own luch
Cons
Very good company to work for with brilliant benefits. if I had to pick a negative, It would have to be Job Security. The Industry experiences various changes and that brings about restructering.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
The Unknown
BAT is a fun company but one has to work hard to enjoy the fun in the company. As an employee you are given adequate training and sufficient support ,The communication channels are open and information is sent down to employees on time and everyone is given an opportunity to ask questions for clarity.
Pros
training