British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Superb, thanks for only challenge is of new commers(management) that make environment UNCOMFORTABLE. BATSA as a company is superb, a company to die for.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and extremely professional
Cons
New management that want to make impression at cost of fellow employees
Best company, Nice staff, safe environment - Management are consistent and helpful. Always had assistance when I didn't know something, trying is 100% Wonderful building with cafeteria, food was affordable and nice People are all around helpful and friendly, close knit family environment while very professional. One of my best jobs ever! Sadly my contract ended and they moved to the Waterfront, but as far as I know they are still the best!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Company only care about profit not people that are working for them. High jackings were not treated well, traijings were there but they were not helping to treat trauma after highjackings
I worked for the finance support function of BAT called BASS AME. We worked with all the rules that was applicable to the BAT culture and environment. It was a challenging work stimulus that drove me to where I am today. I was privaleged that we were not micro managed as we did what was expected. BAT has a perfect balance between work and other activities such as regular team building events that really gave us a sense of appreciation as a global BAT employee.
Pros
Free samples of BAT products such as tobacco
Cons
commuting to work
Brilliant company to work for. Learnt a lot and the people I worked with were just fantastic. Called on 30 customers a day. Learnt the art of selling, logistics and route planning and optimization. Hardest part was customers commit to a sale but then dont except the order the next day from the courier. Best part of the job was the people I engaged with and now have a great understanding of South Western Districts.
Pros
Full benefits and company car
Cons
No commissions
Great company to work for and to be associated with. Creative and innovative business knowing where they want to be and how to reach it. Brand driven.
Great place and culture to work, FMCG education University, excellent product knowledge and Induction, excellent working tools, product promotions, the hardest part of the job was Roberries and car high jacking. Outlets segmentation education according to classes of trade.
Pros
Great Packs-14th Cheque during my time of employment
Cons
N/a
I learned a lot about working with other people and building a relationship with them. Every day you learn something new and get more experienced. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is never a dull moment. Everyone is always friendly and will help you where they can.
BATSA was a preferred employer for quite some time, but the markets for cigarette sales and distribution has become volatile and risky. Managing the risk of robberies and hijackings has become the sole purpose of the job.
Pros
Ample free time
Cons
travelling
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at British American Tobacco?
A lot has changed since I stopped working at BAT but I loved the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. BAT really looked after their staff and potential for career growth was good until it needed to downsize the market in which I was working. You are rewarded for hard work.
Besides the hijackings the company took good care of us.From gift lunches.One thing i can say i learned was planning we went through every morning.The culture was very easy to get use to cause everyone was willing to help at all cost.
Pros
yes we had lunches
Cons
we definatly had long working hours cause we begun at 6:00 at times finished at 19:45
They had an amazing talent management programme. Their strategy process was inclusive. They push for high performance and it shows in their results. They are not afraid to use their talent in all areas of the business. This provides opportunities to expose talent to new things and grows the skill level in the individual. They have been hard on their people with the weekly hijackings that took place. People suffered. Nobody cared but I believe that they have changed the sales model to reduce hijackings now. They used a dogged, fear by management culture to implement that route to market. Their best leadership talent left because of these changes. I believe they have tried to make it better. They went from an amazing people culture to a very harsh one whilst I was there. I cannot speak for the current culture. IF you want to understand the words "High Performance" and are open to learning and working very hard... BAT is the place to be. You will learn. You will grow. and if you achieve, you will develop your career to wherever you want it to go. that's priceless.
I was only hired for a contract while somebody was on maternity leave. Lots of incentives. Lots of roadshows to keep company spirit up and lots of goody bags
Pros
Cafeteria, Playrooms, Focus rooms
Cons
so sad it was only a contract, would have liked to say on
To take over from your colleague was always interesting ,learned most of my skills from BAT,there was always a good understanding between the different cultures ,the shifts were always hard to get used to ,the most enjoyable part was to see the production flow
Pros
Had a big lounge
Cons
shifts
BAT is a well organised workplace that provides great learning opportunity. Moral at his branch is high and has all the criteria for a great workplace met. The staff is friendly and always have time for a joke or to between working really hard when times are pushing.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Waiting periods for parts to arrive from over seas
I learned how to manage curtain situations better and how to work with different people all at once. I enjoyed learning new systems on the computer and how to implement the new data.
One of the things i love about BAT is that you are given the space to grow but you have to be ready to hit the ground running and also have the ability to multitask should not be afraid to ask for help. You are given the freedom to manage your work provided that you deliver.
Awesome company to work for when you're younger and subscribe to the sale and use of the company's products. However, growth opportunities and compensation were limited.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Team is always matter rather than individual charecters. It was great especially when we have achieved our sales target across different market segment.
Pros
Good incentives and great benefits
Cons
Working in a darkening market where u cant advertise your product due to highly regulated enviroment
At a short space of time that I worked for BAT, I learned a lot and they gave me great assignments to work on. At this environmennt. management at BAT gave me space to work independently and achieved the desired results.
Pros
Learned more than just sales, learned about distribution, Stock management, and financial management
Cons
Some long hours, if you work at a satellite depot
its a fun creative inveroment and every one is free at workplace i love the way they run the company very simple and easy but hard work on the goals you wanted to reach
Pros
free tea