British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

Superb, thanks for only challenge is of new commers(management) that make environment UNCOMFORTABLE. BATSA as a company is superb, a company to die for.
Pros
Fantastic benefits and extremely professional
Cons
New management that want to make impression at cost of fellow employees
Great place to work. Nice salary and benefits. Not good work life balance. Very good prospects for promotion. Very limited due to the nature of business.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Work life balance
Days are target driven and focused. Numeric and Brand distribution were key. Studied Accelerated Leadership Program through GIBS and learned alot through the marketing deployment team. Gained skills in numeric and trend analysis and market communications. Management was tight and focused. People development was key. Client management and Trade intelligence. Team spirit was always high and generally overcame all obstacles. Hijackings was extremely difficult, emotionally and professional. The amount of personal growth gained was most enjoyable.
Pros
Being Creative
Cons
This was an exiting job where i had friendly coworkers that were easy to relate with. The only downside to the job was having to work in the evenings on weekends but it was worth it especially with how they paid. The best part was meeting new people every day and getting to network.
Pros
platform for networking
Cons
odd hours
BAT is steering through tough legislative changes. Great rewards. Constant changing environment with great experience that can be taken away.
• Full responsibility for the Customer Order Management process at all outlets in Territory (incl Order Taking; managing Customer Credit Limit & Stock quantity limitations, Double Orders, Future Dated Orders & Special Orders) • Full responsibility of the Customer Delivery Management process at all outlets in Territory (incl Managing Customer product returns; Managing issues with delivery process with DHL • Full responsibility of the Customer Invoice, Payment & Debt Management where applicable during Prompt/Top Up sales scenario with cash sales • Full responsibility for the following aspects within the Customer Business Development process, ie Customer Relationship management, New Brand introductions, Model Stock management and Brand Story Communication Activities
Hardworking individuals with lots of funny moments, yet all work/tasks are completed on a timely and efficient basis.
Pros
Productive team members
Cons
Traveling distance to office
Typical work material I use come from over-seas, I learned to odder early, I manage my time by checking early what will I need for the week, we have a good relationship with my co-workers, my hardest part of my job I m the heart of the company should anything goes wrong we lose consumer and the company can close down, I enjoy my job mostly wen I realized I have deliver the expectations
Pros
free working clothes
Cons
shift circles
Answering the telephone General admin, meet and greet guest make sure office is locked and maintenance in office taking care of dealing with customer and able to make them happy everyday if you polite and do work and how people enjoy working around each other consider each others feelings and respect Management was like just one of any staff member, communicate well and respect Just worked well together nothing was really hard at this job the people I worked with was easy going and still got the job done at end of the day
Pros
Just feeling part of the company even if i was a temp
Cons
Nothing really, just that it was not permanent
Each day is different where one encounters and, reviews and fixes problems, both in the factory and the office. Factory: Wastages, Machine problems, Insufficient production stock allocated for night shift, Recons of actual wastage figures compared to budgeted, checking of stock levels, daily stock takes. I learned that one must be on top of it all. Management and co-workers were always there to assist and impart knowledge. Hardest part of job was sitting both accounting and manufacturing staff and educating them on why each of their positions are useless without the other and then educating them on the importance of required figures. The most enjoyable part of the job was it's unpredictably where no two days are the same. Even more important were my co-workers where matters are settled immediately without any grudges held and the freely sharing of knowledge without the thought that one wants the others job.
Pros
Excellent working conditions, with the most updated equipment
Cons
Long meetings that when one requires information, then one must wait until the meeting ends, but on the other one must realise that most meetings involve management of the companies abroad.
it was an amazing oppourtunity to work there its a brilliant comany to work for and i would not mind going back to work there
Pros
great package
Cons
I learnt how to be fast and accurate and also work under pressure because during month and year ends we would process over 120 invoices a day instead of 83 invoices that should be processed on a daily basis.
During the first week I was involved in a project to update the templates so that they can be user friendly to the customers. The project was a success because that reduced a lot of rejections due to incomplete templates.
BAT is a very good company to work for ,the benefits and the salary is good ,they do however need a soldier because you are faced with lots of challenges in the field .
Pros
Very supportive when dealing with a hi-jacking
I am proud to work for BAT. Winner of Employer of the Year 7 years in a row. They gave me the opportunity to proof myself and I could attend training courses to better myself.
Pros
Bonus twice a year and work/life balance.
Cons
Sometimes unnecessary red tape.
I worked at BAT for the past 8 years , and what i like most about the company is the loyal and hard workers thad i worked with , the company has a nice job culture and a very good mangement system .
BAT is one productive and fun company to work for . one learns a lot about different markets and cultures. its a company that grants each an every individual to be a leader and there is a lot of room for growth.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
normarl 8 hours
my day begins very early,I deal with reps with post traumatic stress due to hijackings,I manage and very cruicial yet risky area,I love the marketing side of my work
Pros
cant think of
Cons
long hours and hijackings
good working with leaners and parents, education is the key, good management brings best out of the people, solid team work can achieve anything, was to deal with disadvantage leaners, working alongside with communities
Pros
end year function
Excellent company, great perks. good growth opportunities, great people. good HR policies. close to home. great package. free lunches once in a while
It is one of the best companies that I've worked for. My team was very diverse, but all of us get together very well. Team members were very supportive of each other and were always willing to help.