British High Commission

British High Commission Employee Reviews

South Africa7 reviews
5,0
Great experience working there , good environment .Team work was good.Lot off study opportunities , learning and development.Internal post growth is possible within the organisation.
3,0
The BHC is great from the outside but filled with internal politics and passive aggressive behaviour. Poor organisational management and communication between Post and London colleagues hampers the impact of development programmes though.
5,0
The British High Commission makes sure that its staff are all looked after and that they represent the passion for people that is a staple of the British government
4,0
I will recommend friends and job Seeker to apply the qualified position. I would still need to ho back if I can get new opportunity again
The mission is reliable and care about employees
Pros
having braai
Cons
job pressure
5,0
I work 12 hour shifts and some of the challenges i face daily at work are system failer and false alarms. Most enjoyable part is that i meet new faces daily.
Pros
free medical aid
5,0
It was great working here, I learned and experienced a lot.
I learned how to be a positive worker and the workers were very pleasant and kind.
Pros
free lunch and transport
Cons
flexible working hours
4,0
After arriving for work there is a general "meeting" where everyone gets to greet each other whereupon the day begins. A day allows two teatimes and a lunch of 45 minutes. A typical work week is only 36 hours as fridays will see you leave at 13h00 already! Every person treats the other with respect and some management staff is so down to earth you won't guess them to be management.

The hardest part of the job is the sometimes monotonous nature as it is quite repetative.

Most enjoyable is the fact that it is probably the place where you as employee will be treated the best in the country.
Pros
benefits and short hours
Cons
other sa employees