Bytes Document Solutions

Bytes Document Solutions Employee Reviews

I worked as a data capture and promoted to being an inventory controller, the after promoted to be a shipping supervisor. It was a great pleasure to work for the company and being groomed to know more about the industry of digital
The work space was competitive. The most difficult part was migrating to a new system, of which I assume resulted in the retrenchment process. Management inflicted unnecessary work pressure.
Overall a good company to work for wish I could work there again because it was a great experience as I have learnt alot about the printing industry and loved the idea of turning nothing into something from scratch as alot of people does not know what is the procedures involved in creating certain artwork for clients and other companies
I believe the employees performance in the department should be recognized by the management. Positive I'm puts about the changes. Discussions about the challenges we face on a daily basis should not be taken for granted by management.
I had the opportunity to grow within the organisation over the 14 years that I was employed there. I learnt management skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was not monotonous and there were different challenges every day. I also enjoyed the people I worked with
I was up for a possible promotion in short space of time. I did what was asked and had a good end of year appraisal. Unfortunately the time taken to become permanent was long thus i earned less initially. There were also retrenchments after i left.
Pros
Rewards Parties
Cons
Took a long time to become permanent
Keeping employees happy and proving the best working experience possible to ensure that the everyone performs at their best ability. Also to ensure that employees get descent salaries and benefits.
Site support for Citibank (Citigroup) Sandton South Africa. Working with the Citibank and setting up and ongoing support for Business Continuity Midrand site. Biweekly testing onsite for consistency. Installation of Digital Mono and Colour Printers. Repairing of the Digital Printers, and also on Business Continuity site. Site Support for Nedbank Sandton South Africa. Software and hardware installations and upgrading of the Digital printers. Networking the Printers to the Domain or Workgroup. Installing the drivers and Configuring the Printer network environment. Teaching users on the functionality of the Digital Printers. Looking after the Service Level Agreement (SLA) of the company Liaising between the Customer and Xerox about customer satisfaction. Liaising between the Xerox and Citigroup IT departments on possible problems and remedies. Managing the Print room and activities for the Citigroup. Maintaining my van stock.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Opportunities for growth were slim
Working remotely is a benefit. Get more work done working remotely. Capacity planning made implementation of projects much easier. Most enjoyable part of my job is team spirit. You get to meet and train different people on various projects, i.e. from due diligence to implementation.
Pros
Less time on the road
Cons
Disciplined
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bytes Document Solutions?
Working based on calls logged on the system which gives enough time to relax and sit back. I can do any given task appropriately. challenges are there
Pros
Training
Cons
The growth prospects were minimal attributable to the fact most of the managerial positions were occupied by older people who were not adapting to developments within the sector. The culture was somewhat autocratic the hardest part was the fact the environment was not conducive to the free spirited people.
Cons
It's a very stable company, when it comes to training they lead. Bytes Document Solutions is very productive. It has competent management with full of assistance.
I received a good salary as well as commission. I had a pension fund, medical aid and also received bonuses quarterly.I could have educational policies in place for my children. The working environment was amazing. We were like family. I always looked forward to going to work, as were treated well and with respect. We were well looked after financially.
Pros
Worked nice hours
Cons
Opened too early in January
Very nice company to work for and the people are very nice and welcoming. broad experience and get the chance to make own decision and managers let you to work alone or In a team, handle accounts per person and the instil work related learnin
Pros
medial aid
Cons
n/a
Growth is possible will like to: 1) finish my master's degree in electronic 2) get my bachelor's degree in information technology 3) initiate my company powered by this two giant brand's
Its a place where one can get to learn a lot in the technical field , working from small office printers as WC 3210 to big machines like WC 7970i . I have learnt how to work under serious pressure , fighting to meet deadlines and ensure that customers receive their devices well in time . I got to also understand the meaning of customer satisfaction , as it is our first priority . Assembling and working with softwares might be a bit too much on a busy day but its fun .
Managing 7 direct Sales branches, 11 Dealers, 18 Indirect Independent urban sales businesses, as well as 27 African countries, ensured a very busy, pressure filled day. Managing my staffs expectations, as well as that of my in-direct business partners, and ensuring enough time to meet with customers, sometimes made for interesting daily planning. However, after a long hard day, it was always good to reflect on everything and realize that I learned more.
Pros
Extreme Business Pressure
Cons
Extreme Business Pressure
Our work environment was a very busy hub on a daily basis. In 26 years I have learned to know my trade and also how to deal with different customer needs Management had the confidence to allow us to handle the daily sales mostly on our own. My co-workers was what kept me getting up with confidence every day. It was my work family. The hardest part of the job was the difficult customers we had to deal with. I enjoyed every day because i enjoyed what I did.
Pros
Full company benefits
Cons
The volumes we had to handle.
Company has employees that have worked for over decades, which make it a family away from your family. Sharing struggles and victories.
I am self-motivated and optimistic in my work. I like to enjoy learning new skills and am always keen to better my skills for the benefit of my company. Problem solving and decision making skills Ability to work under pressure Highly motivated Passion for learning Adaptable Technical minded Goal orientated
We approve accounts daily, check cash banked, place accounts on hold or take them off hold, interact with staff and clients daily. My manager is autocratical and that is the most unpleasant part of my job as it affects the staff as well and they are often disgruntaled. The most pleasant part of my job is the client and staff interaction
Pros
Savings Account
Cons
Autocratical Manager