Bytes Managed Solutions

Bytes Managed Solutions Employee Reviews

South Africa64 reviews
3,0
Some division do have a good work culture with the exception of Bytes Systems Integration which excersised too much racial discrimination.
Women

One does not always get recognised for the the work done

some divisional managers and male co-workers discriminate against womenwhich I found very difficult
Pros
free tea
Cons
micro-magement
2,0
Working as a Field Tech for Bytes will give you experience. The salary is not the best but it will set you up for your next job. Good company to work for but does not look after the techs.
Pros
You Gain Experience
Cons
Salary Below Standard
4,0
Was a great work environment. Flexible, Good management, No micro management. Cooperative team members. Team events. Good leadership. Good learning curve
3,0
The environment was very good and the team work was excellent. But the benefits all come from your salary leaving you with nothing to take home.the experience was great
5,0
Bytes was a good learning phase for me, it has given me enough experience to get more opportunities from other companies, I was also given an opportunity to develop more skills as byes fund their employees to study in order to grow more and develop more skills
3,0
the call center experience was something new and challenging,i still feel that i need to learn more because i did not really stay long because it was 1 year learnership with a stipend
2,0
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers that we supported, but the with the rising cost of living, you can not come out with their TCOE. Mileage reimbursement way below industry standards.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Poor remuneration
4,0
Servicing Multiple clients as an external consultant made the workload interesting and prevented any motonoy of being based at 1 Customer.
The company and team culture was the largest drawback, teams were often pitted against each other, i.e Analysts vs Developers and Testers.
4,0
Bytes need to pay its employees salaries that they deserve in order to keep them. employees Should not be taken away from bytes By other companies because of salaries but because one feel like the have exceeded their time at bytes and need change of environment or growth
1,0
The worst company that I have ever worked for when it comes to looking after and advancing it's staff. Remuneration is the worst and East London branch manager cannot manage and rally staff to work hard and committedly towards a common goal. Instead he is the cause for the high staff turnover because of his refusal to fight for his staff and pay them their worth.
1,0
Advise people not to apply and work in the company they ill treat staff members, and they lie about employees getting good salaries. Overtime worked but they do not pay for your overtime.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Very long hours
3,0
Daily I meet different types of callenges needed to be solve as a customer represantative. I enjoy making customer happy with my service.I enjoy team.
Pros
Lunch time depends on daily work
Cons
Work over weekends
1,0
I was a former employee of bytes managed solutions, worked as a parts control representative, all the hard work and effort we put in, was never recognised by management or higher management, you do more work and less pay, the benefits we get comes out of our salary, which they claim to be paying no room to group in a big company like bytes
Pros
Cons
Long hours less pay
3,0
To allocate payment received from customers
Process the invoices and credit notes

Follow up on outstanding invoices

Sending out statements and invoices as required monthly

Management cares about staff

Working hours are flexible

The most enjoyable part of the job, is that my manager is involved and we have meetings to work on the overdue amounts and the challenges we have as a team.
Pros
Management is aware of the staff challenges regarding their work
Cons
it is far to travel
3,0
As a purely software house, BMS was disappointing. The software manager doesn't have development experience, and as such has difficulty understanding deadlines, engagement limitations and margin of error in project planning. He tends to over commit and expect resources to compensate, without offering reward for extra efforts.
Pros
Stable work environment with lots of training
Cons
Unpredictable working hours, low appreciation of effort.
4,0
Great Culture and good company to work for. Strong management practices and encourages employees to up-skill in their current positions. Training is provided and good management support.
5,0
The company as is a large I.T company In Africa and in some parts of the world thus giving opportunities to better enable our goals to dream big.
I have realized that the are many opportunities to better grow our self's as the is a variety of job sectors available within the company.
Pros
early knock off time on holiday eves
Cons
long hours per month as we work during weekends
3,0
High management site visit at the office, where we were evaluated according to the tasks performed daily. The work performance speed and work flow. The findings within the branch and Store department.
I managed to perform at my outermost best as a result the management inspired me to keep it up and develop my abilities where necessary.
Pros
Leadership Ability
Cons
Working an extra mile
5,0
I have learnt to be strong , driven , to work under pressure and I have grown.
I have gained experienced enough to go higher I guess.

I would really recommend a friend or family member to join the company.
Pros
Appreciation Braais
Cons
Long Hours
it is a good company to work for, over 900 staff member
I have been in the bytes group for 10years and I have been through many changes in the division

I have improved in my position and have grown over the period I have been here
5,0
Bytes Managed Solutions is by far the best company I have worked for.They had everything equipped for us and all benefits where favourable by almost all employees.
Pros
study leave