Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews

South Africa250 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

It's great to work at CPUT, my experience was amazing. For me it was work/life balanced. Assisting other students while learning is a great way of learning.

Pros

Flexible hours

Conducive learning environment for every level

A structed working environment, with sufficient time to work on your own personal aspirations that one can use to advance their career and while also being beneficial to the department as a whole.

Pros

Academic advancement opportunities

Cons

Long academical administration hours and research (post-graduate) outputs

Great institution

This is a great institution to work for and comes with lot of benefits. Working hours good, environment conducive, culture respected, salary benefits are a great too.

Pros

Salary benefits are good

Cons

Imbalances between campuses

I learned how to deal with money and different transactions on the system . i dealt with customers everyday and that improved my communication skills and people skills.

Productive and fun

Working for CPUT is not stressing, it is fun, enjoyable and teaching. In order to cope working for CPUT, a person must have patience, love for people and understand that people are different.

Work any time but no pay

Work any time but no pay Flexible hours No benefits at allNo management structure The worst to ever work for But anyways the cents I got helped I guess

Pros

Own schedule

Cons

No benefits

Flexible work place

It is a good institution to work for.I love flexibility in terms of operating hours. As I don't clock 8 hours but can work at home. As long students have no complaints.

Pros

Flexible and resealable work load

Cons

Not good leadership

Labo sympa

Des chercheurs motivés et sympa, bonne intégration ua sien de l'équipe

Research work

my job as research it was quite interesting because you deal with different kind of people on daily basis and give me exposure on academic writing and your findings must be accurate and working with different management can be hectic because the is to much accountability but interacting with people is the most part i enjoy it

Pros

flex hours

Cons

alot of pressure

Great work environment

Hello The best I can tell is CPUT is one of the best places I've worked for. They have good management and the work strategy allows learners to learn and develop their own skills.

Goal driven, Very productive.

On the 04 March 2019 i was instructed to setup the lab where i have to configure and connect the router,switch to the workstations to make sure they access the server .I have learned how to work Communication as team.I did some admin work as i had to document all the steps and configurations i did for setup the workstations.It was fair although it was challenging. I found some difficulties where the connection to the Server was keep on breaking down. I real enjoy the part of configuring the switch and the router as well as being control of the server.

Lab analyst

I have done 1 year experience in Cape Peninsula University of Technology doing wet chemistry, chemical inventory, students assist, preparation of standards

Not productive

Management is non-existent, no job security, academic staff treated with disregard. Even though I left the institute under amicable conditions, they refused to provide any form of references for future employers. Students are treated with no regard whatsoever, and is only seen as an income.

Pros

none whatsoever

Working environment and what i learned

Its a good work environment that offers opportunities for growth, skills and experience that you can use in any work place. The management and culture is very collaborate and they have strong relationships and team.

Professionalism and flexible work hours

It was exiting moments to work for Cput libary. I have gained so much from my colleagues and our supervisor was very supportive to my studies I’m pretty sure I managed to finish my studies by His help.

Productive and fun

The work was very challenging, having to meet deadlines. Research skills are very important cause you have to initiate research programs and do presentations afterwards for the post grad students.

enjoyable and challenging workplace

It was enjoyable because I loved teaching accounting, its my passion, however challenging because I had to help many students and also keep up with my own work.

Productive and fun work environment

Working was quite a challenge since i was a student. Having to learn work ethics and how to manage pressure at work was very interesting. Putting theoretical work into practice

good workplace

working at CPUT is great and i had a good time my supervisor and collegues . We were getting along with work and communication. The money was not enough for me to sustain myself.

Pros

no lunch

Cons

short hours

A very good learning and work environment

The Cape Peninsula University of Technology is a very powerful institution in terms of technical learning and working as I have experienced when I worked as a student tutor

It was fun and relaxed work environment, I learnt discipline, love and cooperation, responsibility and transparency about the work I was doing. To treat everyone with respect

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,9 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance