Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews in Mowbray, Western Cape

Mowbray, Western Cape1 review
Found 1 review matching the search
5,0
Dealing with all kinds of student issues ranging from a personal to a financial nature. Setting up of classroom and examination venues, assisting lecturers with administration, liasing with invigilators. I am also responsible for all office administration, liasing with service providers and other departments within CPUT. I have come to realise that as as secretary for a Higher education Institution, you become the "Jill of All trades". You become photocpy technician, electrician, caterer, counsellor, friend, all round problem solver.

I have an excellent relationship with my colleages and Academic staff and have yet to meet a challenge that I am not willing to tackle head-on. The hardest part of my job is knowing when to quit. Being slack is not part of my nature of job description. I will only ask for help if all avenues have been exhausted. The best part of the job is getting a thank you and a well done at the end of the day. Then you know that all the stress and hardship has not been in vain. My main goal is to see that the Academic process is as smooth as it can possibly be for both students and staff.
Pros
opportunities for self improvement
Cons
job insecurity. getting paid by the hour whilst on contract
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
4,0