Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Administrative Clerk

Administrative Clerk2 reviews
South Africa2 reviews
3,0
A typical day contains maximum output as there is always enquiries, assistance and guidance needed by students as well as you fixed administration duties.

I have learned so much about higher education and also that we have a generation of youngsters that are so in need of guidance in every fasset of life.

Management is a bit out of touch with challenges workers are facing but they are doing good in holding it together in this environment where it is extremey busy and loads of pressure despite short comings.

There are hard working co-workers and there are the ones collecting salaries. I choose to spend more times with the ones with future goals and displays work ethics I can only learn from to improve myself.

The hardest part of the job is definitely to see so many applicants dissapointed when their applications are unsuccessful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when batches are delivered to faculties on time after weeks of hard work and sometimes long hours in order to meet deadlines and that moment when you see a student progress and you had a personal part in assisting the person.

I love that you get exposed to a whole lot of different situations daily that shapes you and enriches your life with experience no money can buy.
Pros
You get to grow daily by dealing with situations.
Cons
You are surrounded by so many negative minded people, It is constant hard work to stay focussed on the positive, Some Co-workers fails to seperate personal from work related, It is harder to have unity as there is always someone who differs, Institution prefers to run this important department with temporary workers, Most temporary staff members is not so focussed and spend most of their time on job search, Very few is willing to take responsibility
4,0
My day starts with opening my pc to check on any new
proposals or announcements from management,then I read

my emails and start preparing for the day ahead.Ihave learned

that hard work,and not short cuts makes rewards.Working closely with management makes things easy at work and forging good relations with

co-workers reduces stress and makes a profitable and productive days

at work.The hardest part of my job is having to lift the spirits of co-workrs

when they are down with personal problems which reflecnegatively on the department`s productivity and the most enjoyable part is seeing my

branch,cape Town leading other branches with production,tansparency

and accountability.
Pros
individula and group awards
Cons
Having to deal with striking students who seek to destory company property