Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Laboratory Assistant

Laboratory Assistant16 reviews
South Africa16 reviews
4,0
It was exiting moments to work for Cput libary. I have gained so much from my colleagues and our supervisor was very supportive to my studies I’m pretty sure I managed to finish my studies by His help.
5,0
Its a place one can associate with people and also a medium to remind me on the basic technical skill on computer.
Work as a team in lab-room to ensure our duties are achieved and success.
4,0
It was such a great experience and i leaned so much about time management, communication skills and more. One thing i have learnt is to be patient as there were students who had no idea what a computer looks like and how to use it so my job was to help them.
4,0
it is a good learning environment ,opportunities are there for working students to make extra money for them self and equip student with working experience
Pros
equip with working experience
Cons
short hours
3,0
working with students daily is stressful but it feels good assisting someone, daily lesson is that you help people to prosper that teaches you as an individual culture is one of helping regardless hardest part is understanding when people take out their frustrations on you but helping people makes me feel good
Pros
there is spare time to do your own work
Cons
you work less hours meaning less pay
5,0
It's a great place to be at and get a good education. It's a fantastic place to work as well as the mentors and colleges are very helpful and it has a very good management system.
3,0
It was a very exciting Research we did, everyday it thought me a lot about myself and learning new things. Working in a team is very important which is the first lesson I learnt. Through my hard work I became the team leader of the research. Time management was very important in the workplace. Under the supervision of the Lab Technician. The whole experience was good for me as a professional and as a person. The workplace culture was to get our deadlines on time and work as team. The hardest part of the job was when we had deadlines to meet, and making sure the whole research is well studied and done properly. But overtime I worked well under pressure because I prepare for it before it comes, and try to stay calm as possible. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyday I woke up and had to work towards my dream of being the best of my job description. This is all because I was doing what I love.
Pros
free lunch
4,0
It has a good working conditions with an Excellent team and a friendly staff. It makes you to gain more confidence in communicating with people and it's fun sharing your knowledge with others.
Pros
you buy your lunch
Cons
short hours
4,0
Really enjoyed working collectively with people. Working in the lab offered me the experience I needed most. It taught me to endure working long hours
Pros
Own lunch box
Cons
Work about nine hours
3,0
A typical day at work is when I come in,sign for my shifts. I check everything seems in order with the Computer. Sit at my table and wait for people to call for my help. I have expanded my knowledge in computing by working here. It was a fun working environment because we were all students but also professional. The bad part about the job was the small hourly rate, I enjoyed the fact that one was able to complete school work while at work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
Low rate
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology?
3,0
A typical day at work includes helping students with the printer and other work on Microsoft.
I learned to work with different people and tolerating while respecting them.

Management was good.

hardest part of the job was when we all had assignments to submit.

most enjoyable part was being able to help others.
Pros
Work area was close to home.
3,0
working at CPUT is always fun, Staff are friendly we worked as a unit. The management is fantastic, they don't intervene much with ones work. The Job is fairly easy if you know what you doing because the things you do in the lab is what was taught by the lectures to us. The most enjoyable part of the job is taking students to different companies to be shown around and they get to learn what the company is all about.
3,0
The job is one of the best jobs for a student, good for career development and also for self growth. It enhances the employee's ability to multi-task. Its a great job but its is less secure, slow moving, especially in this fast moving world and I need to be a part of a team that is going to move mountains in any type of category as I am a versatile person.
Pros
Working in shifts, being able to balance student life and also getting the opportunity to be independant.
Cons
Not challenging
4,0
i have learned that when working with people you should know how to communicate as someone came to me stressed after i helped they just left without saying thank you today but it is my jobi just smiled
Pros
breaks
Cons
no job
3,0
Very Good university with alot of skilled lecturers. Learn alot through training and assisting students with problems.
Pros
Assisy students with job opportunities
Cons
Work Study Program
5,0
Typical day is when all my paperwork is in order,students come to me with personal advice and a shoulder to lean on.
Everyday I learn new things and not scared to test it and shared with my co workers.

My management of keeping 2 laboratory's and dealing with paperwork really inspire me to do more.

Is when being blamed for something I did not do but at least I know how to solve the problem.

My most enjoyable part is seeing students thanking me with letters of how much they appreciate my effort.

Hardest part is when slow progress taking place in my orders
Pros
when all my things are in order
Cons
slow process of my orders
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9