Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Researcher

Researcher2 reviews
South Africa2 reviews
4,0
As a research student and lecturer, my typical day at work was challenging but yet fulfilling. My interpersonal skills decision making improved. The most fulfilling is to teach and engage with students from differing countries. The difficult part of my job is that, i ensure that all students possess the level of knowledge passed on by me. The workplace is conducive with effective management.
Pros
Challenging, Exciting, Dedication
Cons
3,0
I come into the clinic and set it up. Bring patients to the clinic. Help in taking their glucose readings and help in drawing their blood.
After the data has been recorded we come to the office at CPUT tocapture the data recorded.

I learned to read reference ranges on blood results.

I learned to use SPSS (a statistical programme).

Management unfortunately do sometimes make mistakes, especially with regards to our contracts where they either lose them or don't complete it in time, that is why many of us don't get paid a salary at all in January.

Co-workers do similar tasks as myself, but also have the same problems with management not paying us or changing our contracts that we take a 50% salary cut even though we've gained experience and or responsibilies increased.

The hardest part is that due to my knowledge and former education i get frustrated, because it isn't challanging enough for me mentally.

My co-workers and the fact that I don't do any extreme physical work due to my heart condition make it fairly enjoyable.
Pros
Short hours only working from 09:00 to 14:00
Cons
Bad administration
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology?