Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Student Assistant

Student Assistant15 reviews
South Africa15 reviews
4,0
Employee support and customer-focused, work-time flexible and environmentally friendly. Benefits and incentives amazing and also much growth and oppor
5,0
This was just a parttime job as a student at the university. The job was all about sampling products for sensory (tasting), sorting the storage for the raw materials and packaging. I learned about how to conduct sensory testing for various products. The supervisor was a very good teacher always willing to teach where she can. It was a few hours a day but it as such a simple job and enjoyable.
4,0
Good work place with warm and welcoming colleagues. The greatest park of the job is seeing the smile out of someone face after you provide them with assistance.
5,0
This role prepared me on building my confidence and leadership skills . I was able to assist my fellow colleagues with issues regarding subjects and assignment
Pros
Ability to communicate with academic authority
Cons
Time Consuming
5,0
cput typical day assisting with their fee acount inquiry,i leant to how to work with student and managent wa very helpfull and it was fun place.to be.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
4,0
one best thing is the flexibility of working hours. they allow one to engage in other thins as well without having to compromise much. the hardest part of the job is dealing with young minds while the jobs requires one to tackle the issues like a grown up while actually deaing with people your age.
Pros
flexibility of working hours
Cons
duty calls anytime
4,0
This is where you need to trust who you are. its a fustrating place for starts as you will meet different people with different attitudes. At times the hours and school work need balance. Its friendly environment that will get you knowledge and access to people.
Pros
free wifi
Cons
long hours and moddy students at times
My typical day at consisted of 2 activities:

1.Establishing new control points on campus, capturing and processing data (readings).from 8h30 to 1h00.

2.Assisting first year students in all their surveying related matters from 2 PM to 3;30PM.

Working with the first year student helped me understand better what i was taught as a student myself and it was the most enjoyable part of the job as i got the chance to transfer knowledge to others.

I worked with my survey lecturer,whom I reported directly to. I worked for the civil engineering department of the cape peninsula university of technology

The hardest part of the job was not being able to finish a on-field exercise due to bad because it was to be redone all over the next day.
Pros
public holidays
Cons
on field work on a rainy day in winter
Meeting with Students
Didn't seat with management

The environment is welcoming

The Institution was fine, I learnt few things, but I expected to learn more.

I wasn't happy because I didn't gain much experience
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
08.00 am to 15.30om
3,0
Help desk assistant. Receive and assist clients with querie and completion of form. Printing quotes fees for student. Capturing the application forms.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
not enough stipend
4,0
doing same thing over and over again. working with different people and also assisting students on their needs. assisting the head of department with daily duties.
Pros
day work
Cons
work load and repatriation of same thing over and over
5,0
Being a student and working for CPUT was one big experience, I loved it. Working with the most understandable people.

I have learned all the necessary to perform well in the administrative field and more.

The hardest part of the job was registration time, when there is students expecting the best of you but forgetting that you are just one of the rest. Student will expect of you to break rules, just because they know you, or just to comfort them. Expecting more then they are suppose to be given.

The working environment are one I like. People are just relaxed and very understandable. We all worked, laughed and play together. No hard feelings.
3,0
As a student its a perfect place you give space and flexi time to study and attend classes. Working with peolp whp understand it is great, having supportive ,fun and easy to talk to co-working make it evrn more ideal.
Pros
Being flexable
Cons
Terdious
5,0
You first sign in and then you go to a lab. You fix the chairs,walking around assisting people with the computers and printers. I learnt a lot about computers. The management is very friendly and strict at the same time. Colleagues get along with each other and they help each other. The hardest part of the job is standing for long hours. Meeting different types of people and sharing ideas is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free Uniform
Cons
Standing for long hours
4,0
I have learnt how to communicate better with people and work within a team.
Pros
lots of days off
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9