Cape Peninsula University of Technology

Cape Peninsula University of Technology Employee Reviews for Teaching Assistant

Teaching Assistant8 reviews
South Africa8 reviews
3,0
As a PhD student one would expect to be placed in positions that allow you to fully express yourself academically for the mutual benefit of the institution and its students and myself as well as the academic world.
Pros
free internet
Cons
no student support
5,0
I found myself very privileged to be chosen as a teaching assistant for the lecturers in University. I had fun working with the students as well as the lecturers. The work was fun and stimulating . Presentations and training where my favorite.
3,0
CPUT is a wonderful place to work at, I learned a lot on my communication skills. library was available at point source for research which made my work easier.
3,0
The staff members are difficult to work with and tend to have trust and respect issues, particularly those campuses where teacher training / B.Ed courses are offered.
Pros
Access to academic resources
Cons
Difficult staff members
5,0
The teaching assistant job was a learning experience. My supervisor was very understanding in terms of my hours of work since i was completing my Bachelors in Clothing and Textiles. I was able to interact with students, help with any work related queries and as well assist my supervisor with any administration activities. The challenge was balancing work and studies which i managed with help of my supervisor.
Pros
Supervisor was understanding, flexible hours, interaction with students, warm environment, learning administration
Cons
Juggling work and studies
4,0
Teaching assistant is a very interesting job since `TA's interact with a direct mix of people from lecturers, students to administrators each day,patience and people skills are crucial qualities. One have to be able to a variety of folks, so communication skills are very important
Pros
great people
4,0
I work Monday and Thursday each week, I learn how to handle student, I manage well the class during the lecture, good collaboration with my co-workers, hardest part is to mark and capture marks, enjoyable time during lecturing and workshops
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
1,0
Conduct a tutorial based on chapter which major of the class find it difficult to grasp, its very challenging as I have to think on my feet and find means to explain and provide practical examples that simplifies the concepts and create a clear overview of the chapter for students to understand better.

The managements of Cput are very poor because they don't care what they pays you to do better job for them.

No good ethnics and good mentor for postgraduate degree. Much more to say but I will rather end it there.
Pros
No good managements
Cons
longs hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Peninsula University of Technology?