Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

South Africa193 reviews
4,0
The environment is healthy and the employees get along well. Management is open to listen to employees concerns and the HR department is very hands-on. Payslips are issued without fail every month and salary discrepancies are communicated well in-time.
Pros
Staff discount
5,0
I like the culture of the company at the store the sales person they are nice to wards customers at all the time they even help u so fast about the shoes sizes
Pros
Be able to work from 9am to 6pm
Cons
Standing up all day
4,0
It was my first job in a corporate company, and I had gain many life skills through this job, which has benefited me vastly, such as time management and being able to take on responsibilities.
4,0
cape union mart values the customers and staff
their top priority has always been the customer making sure that a customer does not leave their shop without a salesperson having greeted and offered help to the customer, which is something that is missing with most if not all other retailers

this a company that is still growing and growing very quickly compared to their competitors.

middle and top management stresses the importance of treating staff with the utmost respect. they believe in teams that are happy

They refer to their managers as leaders not to be seen as managers or Bosses
4,0
Working at Cape Union is lots of fun.
It teaches you how to balance your life, you learn about products that help customers and could end up helping you as well. The culture in stores is great as it endorses teamwork and achievement.
3,0
Communication between employers and employees must be clear and understandable.They must be a bond of trust between two parties
Often movement of the stuff will help them grow n see some kind of direction within the company
4,0
Teaches you alot about a fun gilled workplace,working enviroment is relaxed but can be stressful due to pressure but teamwork is an essencial to youas
5,0
Cape union mart is a family orientated company, You feel part of the family and the history when employed or representing the company on a daily basis.
5,0
New client base is more challenging due to the expectations of the company. Customers are number one and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction.
4,0
With my experience in retail I must say Cape Union Mart is definitely one of the best retailers. Very family oriented and fun at times.
Every work place has its own difficulties, which we usually got through as a team. We have leaders and not managers so these are people that you're comfortable to talk to at any given time.

Fun part is playing games in the morning meeting
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?
5,0
It's such a great and fulfilling experience to be part of this company the company that cares and values it's employees it's very rare to find now days.
Pros
You can grow if you work hard and you want to build a long lasting career with the company
Cons
Some areas or cities growth is not possible
4,0
Cape Union Mart, morning there is a meeting where training about products sold is done, followed by a session of games the will get everyone energized and ready for the day. I learned a lot about gadgets, camping, hiking, trail running, fitness watch, high quality cameras, how do sell including up-sell and multi-sales. company is a fun place with a lot of information that need to be stamped and be part of you. they rotate their staff in order for them to find an area they good in.
4,0
Good company to work for . CRO very nice person, cares about his employees and very compassionate. The salary was very good , had incentives and paid for overtime. The Johannesburg headoffice staff though not pleasant
4,0
I enjoyed being at work every single day
I learned how to work with a team and to manage the store

Work was Fun and exciting

Working with people everyday was the best part about work
Pros
Incentive
5,0
Learned alot from this company, the pay is reasonable compared to other retailers, great work ethic....nothing bad to say except that there wasn't alot of growth.
Pros
Great benefits
3,0
it is a very warm welcoming place to work at, people are very loving and fun to work with. i enjoyed working at that place and i love the culture most importantly i learned a lot and gained experience.
Pros
team building tasks
Cons
short hours
5,0
I gaine so much skill of how to work with people, how to behave at work, I have excellent attitude to my customers, and to adapt the culture of the campane value.
5,0
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
4,0
I was happy , it’s not nice working weekends and holidays but it pays very well , Team work and you learn a lot of product knowledge...,,,,.....,...,.......
5,0
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings.
I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
3,0
Avery day comes with its story but happiness at work is yourself, i have learnt a lot on customer service,product knowledge facilitating, coaching and informing and how to build customer relationship how to handle or solving problems and trusting in yourself,i learnt a lot on management, i could run a store just like a manager because i was a senior in my role, the hardest part of the job is when you dont understand your daily activities, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your customers are happy with your service
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Union Mart. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1