Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

South Africa212 reviews

Great Envoirenment

Really fun and productive work environment with a great management staff and work ethic , work hard and you’ll be reward. You will learn alot about a vast variety of products and will gain a ton of experience in various fields

Pros

Fun Environment

Cons

No weekends off

Great place to work if you're a permanent employee. Trash if you're on a festive season contract.

What started off as a wonderful growing experience working at Keedo Kids MoA had quickly soured due to bad management and miscommunication. It was a very hard decision to leave but I had to because the environment was toxic.I wouldn't recommend.

Pros

None.

Cons

Long hours and bullying from management.

Productive an enjoyable

I have never seen a perfect company culture like cape union mart. I was so excited we j was promoted to work as a footwear managerI left because I had to go look after my sick mother. But I lost my job, but to this day m still trying to get back to work there again

Management sucks

Overall nice place to work at. My problem is with the management, everything will be rainbows and sunshine until store leaders feel pressure from area managers then start throwing the junior stuff under the bus. I enjoyed the branch in the Eastern Cape, but Johannesburg branches are the worst!

Best work place

it's a good company & it has the best working experience & working conditions , healthy working conditions and the best working experience one would wish to have, I can work there if I could get another chance because I resigned

Productivity

It a very good company to work for.It a family company cares for workers.The most important is know what you to do and do it correctly.And make your monthly target

Cons

8hrs

Cape Union Mart statement Lee recommended for anybody in the sales industry development training a successful career path building

Stand out Culture Awareness and Brand Ambassador leading Legacy company. Great career path opportunities and leading Management with Great training camps.

Always room to grow

Starting out at cape union mart was great, what I noticed working there is that you cant have an opinion. All managers have an opinion of how they would like things to be done, they disagree with each other leaving the store staff stressed and not knowing whose direction to take.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, too much pressure from managers

I found it so nice to work there, At my team side as replenishers we worked so hard as a team always learning new things, we were always making sure we reach the target.

Productive and fun , surprises

Trainings gives u an idea and how to communicate with people. You feel u are part of the family yes they were up and down but more up than downsA plan which you are given opportunities and growth. I am thankful to had the opportunity to work and meet the people I build the genuine relationships with. Should I work for the company again definitely and I would recommend any to work for them.

No growth

Culture is not consistent. No growth. They rather employ external people than to grow their own that's in the company for years. Lots of training.....

Pros

Hour lunch

Cons

Fun work place, professional and people orientated

Great company, team orientated environment. 50% Medical aid of whole family a very nice benefit, Paid overtime, high pension contribution. Very nice company to work for but unfortunately limited growth opportunities and only instore training.

Pros

Insentives, Paid overtime and casual environment

Cons

Limited growth opportunities, long Hours.

As a "culture based company" they not about culture

I worked more than 3 year for the company and had no positive movement withing,always promising staff to grow but never happens,the management are always acting like tyrants and will work you out if one should challenge them.

Pros

Cons

Ridiculous hours for minimum whe

Unhealthy work culture

Make sure you are not stay there long if you are know yourself and what you doing it for and focus on yourself. Always learn and improve yourself. Be self sufficient and dependable. Keep healthy and self driven.

Pros

There's worse places

Cons

It's endurable

Good Working place

This is a good company to work For though stressful just like the others but The management skills are good! The staff is friendly and very outgoing, they a make team very strong!

Pros

Good work

Cons

Much work

career driven and competitive environment

Competitive in sales, promotions in career, fast paste incentive driven, customer service of highest quality. Have to deal with customer from all walks of life so you have to handle everyone in same professional manner if if the smallest item they purchase. staff all from different background and must accommodate each one to their needs. Strict on policies and procedures.

Pros

Medical aid and Pension Fund

Fun work

i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour

Pros

Relaxing

Cons

It was a like starting a new car.

Working at cape union Mart was a nice experience because you get to learn a lot of things and how to handle different situations.you have to be a hardworker be able to accommodate customers in a very friendly way.

It was great working there

It was nerve wrecking at first but as time went,I slowly but surely felt like I was a part of a team that is why it's so heartbreaking that I am actually leaving.it was great working with the manager,assistant manager and everyone else.

Productive workplace

The environment is healthy and the employees get along well. Management is open to listen to employees concerns and the HR department is very hands-on. Payslips are issued without fail every month and salary discrepancies are communicated well in-time.

Pros

Staff discount

I am a hardworking young black man

I like the culture of the company at the store the sales person they are nice to wards customers at all the time they even help u so fast about the shoes sizes

Pros

Be able to work from 9am to 6pm

Cons

Standing up all day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Union Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Cape Union Mart