Cape Union Mart
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

This is a good company to work For though stressful just like the others but The management skills are good! The staff is friendly and very outgoing, they a make team very strong!
Pros
Good work
Cons
Much work
In this workplace got to learn about products and they purpose what different materials can do for you in cold weathers and when you go out for hikes.
Pros
Friendly people, getting to learn
Cons
Working on public holidays
great place with great culture. the promotion system is great and I WOULD REFER EVERY ONE TO THIS COMPANY . i was promoted within A few months from stores to head office
I have learned a whole lot from both fields, that Customers should all the time be treated with care and respect, the hardest part of the job on both call center and retail fields is dealing with difficult Customers worse when I am having a bad day as well,however the management always try their level best to lift up our spirit...
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Cape Union Mart was a casual job I applied for to start gaining basic work experiences. I was only employed for a short period, but it was a good first job experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long retail hours
Im neat good looking young lady whos ambitious n har working willing to learn more new things. And meeting new people n have energy always on point...
Pros
If possible
Cons
Eight hours
It was fun working for me in the beginning as it was my first job, I have been taught a lot of things (small or big) that I have been grateful for. The salary wasn’t the best and growth was really slow. Very average company to work for, especially working at the bottom.
Pros
Training on customer service was never ending
Cons
Bad salary, awkward hours
A good working environment, team work. I enjoyed my time there very much, the stuff and bosses are always there to assist not only at work, but if you have a personal problem they are there to lend you a hand. The salary and also the overtime was good.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
My Days was always interesting and productive I've learned to work under pressure, set goals and do your work professionally. How to work with people, to understand them and to assist them with my knowledge and to learn from them as well. I always stay calm in whatever situation there was and handled it well. Always stay positive and strive to do the best you can. I always felt good when the job was well done and Management or the Employer was satisfied and happy.
I learned allot at this company about what it was that I really want to do with my time. they gave me so many opportunities that I will be great full for
Cons
I think Cape Union Mart is a great company to work for whether you at store Level or even at head office. The company is very warm and loving they care for the staff employed their .If you someone who likes working and not standing around this is the company to work for because Cape Union Mart stores are so huge filled with different equipment ,Garments and gadgets you can unpacking and merchandising. Overall the culture is great and if you a student and adventurous a Cape Union Mart Store is for You!
Pros
There is room for growth in the company even to a head office postion
Cons
if you a not permanant your chances of gettinf a weekend off is very very very low
I enjoyed working here, worked really well with the team and got the job done. A lot of hard work and hours but it taught me patience and determination
So many things I've learned when it came to making sales. Meeting all kinds of different people. Got to know the different types of products based within the store. Company that always gave training making one understand that the product is all about
Pros
Good vibe
Cons
The company it's self it's marvelous ive gained a lot of experience in terms of loyalty customer service, technical products the culture at cape union mart is to deliver awesome retail experience and always keep smiling being vibrant and taking carr of our customers
Pros
Time off, free lunch
Cons
More effort to your work means long hard working hours
Awesome work place and people. energetic and passionate employers and employees. Great work environment.Positive and encouraging Management Team.It was always a pleasure being at work and learning about products.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
a typical casuals day at work (shift working ) helping customers, lunch and tea times depending on the amount of hours worked. over all good environment to be working in the hardest part is constantly being alert because of the very interactive customer services management were flexible and understand especially regarding studies
Pros
incentives
Cons
repetitive work
customer care, sales and stocktaking. when i get to work i start cleaning and dusting so the store is clean for customers. we check how much stock is needed for order.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
festive hours
Okay here it goes. . I have worked for two companies my whole entire life and Cape Union Mart was one of them.. and oh my if I could choose to go back I would without any doubt.. this is by far the best company I came across where head office knows about you personally where HR meets you in person on a regular basis where they care about your work and personal needs. This company can teach you so much more.. you can be a sales assistant but when you leave there you will leave with the knowledge of an Area Manager... I messed up by leaving but would pull out my hair to go back...
Pros
Insentives, staff accounts, free lunches lol, and one bug happy family
Cons
No cons sorry
That is time when i used to learn about the products and equipment because it wasnt busy that much and it hangs out with my learning how to fold, how to make sales was the most hardest part at first but when time went on i actually learnt how to make my sales which became enjoyable at work. Culture of the place was suitable and made me comfortable to a point of feeling at home. Talking about the management they are people who makes everything feels easy and quick to learn but when the shop doesnt make sales then it was trouble but in a good form and the most part i loved and enjoy is when we did good sales and taken out for an adventure day off we were always treated the same no culture or religion was separated from the others but i will be honest the working hours was hetic at times but still loved my job
Pros
discount
Cons
Working for Cape Union Mart, in the Poetry stores has been an absolute treat. I especially miss the hard working ladies that I had the pleasure of working with, and the fun times we had.
Pros
medical aid
Cons
late shifts
Everyday you experience something different whether it's worth related or just your interaction with the customers I've learned alot and even come our of my shell Certain management was and still is a honor to work with they've taught me alot. The culture is all about team work and achieving one goal whether it's making target or just staying within Boundaries. Hardest part is not being able to give the customer what they want due to not having enough resources and the best part is when we go out on hikes or other adventurous activities.
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
Shifts and long hours
  1. Employee Reviews