Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape49 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Great Envoirenment

Really fun and productive work environment with a great management staff and work ethic , work hard and you’ll be reward. You will learn alot about a vast variety of products and will gain a ton of experience in various fields

Pros

Fun Environment

Cons

No weekends off

Did not support me, did not feel listened to as an employee and would always have salary issues.

I worked for Cape Union Mart for 6 months, and in that 6 months I've had salary problems almost every month, they either don't count all my days or just disregard the times I work, it's at the point where it's just frustrating. The energy provided in the store is amazing but from head offices side, they are just pathetic and making their employees lives difficult.

Cons

Salary issues, Uniform has to be paid for out of own pocket

Unfair distribution amongst staffManagers not leaders

If you are wanting a job straight out of high school it's a great place to start. However not an ideal place to build a career.Plan for your future. Go study. Working in retail shouldn't be your future. Unless it's something you really want to pursue.

Pros

Staff uniform discounts, Excellent discount on products, One of the best salary increases, Great benefits such as provident and medical aid, Company offers bursaries if it's aligned with marketing, Business and HR.

Cons

Bad management, Long hours If you don't earn enough medical aid might not be for you, If the bursary is approved you need to payback the money or work your time back to the company.

Productivity

It a very good company to work for.It a family company cares for workers.The most important is know what you to do and do it correctly.And make your monthly target

Cons

8hrs

Cape Union Mart statement Lee recommended for anybody in the sales industry development training a successful career path building

Stand out Culture Awareness and Brand Ambassador leading Legacy company. Great career path opportunities and leading Management with Great training camps.

I found it so nice to work there, At my team side as replenishers we worked so hard as a team always learning new things, we were always making sure we reach the target.

Fun work

i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour

Pros

Relaxing

Great company values

New client base is more challenging due to the expectations of the company. Customers are number one and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction.

Great company

Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.

Great company to work for :)

Excellent company to work for. - Great culture. - Encourages growth through training/courses. - Good collaboration across departments. - Fast paced.

Motivate and fun to work

Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients. The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead. The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.

Productive, fun, educational and dynamic.

Working at the company, in the store (Old Khaki) we had to know our products very well in order to sell them to fit the customer's needs. We learned about our products in fun and innovative ways not only to improve knowledge on what we sell but also our customer service with role play. It was so much fun.

Team player

You work 8 hrs a day , the hardest thing when you deal with customer repairs , enjoyable part is the morning sessions were we play games and learn the same time .

good working environment

great staff all round. team building was always fun as we got to mingle with one another.the work environment was pure friendly.it was a pleasure to work there

Great culture

Definitely one of the best companies to work for and would recommend any one with a vibrant personality to join. Growth is unlimited, pending on yourself to make those extra efforts.

Pros

Growth, incentives, discounts and many more benefits

Cons

Short lunches

Funky Brand

Always fun working for this brand Plenty of training Managers are always supportive Clients are great Long hours Great HR management Top fashion

Productive and fun work place

Staff managers and all is great i had no problem with any of them only thing was travelling and their hours, i enjoyed working there if i could go back i would.

Pros

Free gifta

Cons

Great for leaning and developing ones self

Since starting with the cape union group I have worked in 2 stores one of which was a brand new store in a new mall and since then I have had many opportunities to grow and further myself.

Pros

Staff discount, uniform allowance.

Cons

Very great environment to be in. Has that outdoor type of vibe towards the store

Cape Union Mart is a great place to be. Each day working with new customers helps teach me how to workbench people. Management treats us all equally and we as colleagues work together as a team in unity.

Pros

A hour Lunch

Cons

Opens very early

Productive and fun

Everything was great just the hours were not good because of retail hours coming home late after 8 pm was not great especailly when you are a mother and have kids that are still at school that still needs to be assisted with school work.

Cons

Targets are very crucial for the company

Cape union mart is a store that values local and international customers. The working conditions of the company are reasonable as per the bcea I bealive in growth also cape Union mart bealive in growing their employees

Pros

Free lunch for double shift

Cons

Late hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Union Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance