Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
New client base is more challenging due to the expectations of the company. Customers are number one and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction.
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
Excellent company to work for. - Great culture. - Encourages growth through training/courses. - Good collaboration across departments. - Fast paced.
Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients. The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead. The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.
Working at the company, in the store (Old Khaki) we had to know our products very well in order to sell them to fit the customer's needs. We learned about our products in fun and innovative ways not only to improve knowledge on what we sell but also our customer service with role play. It was so much fun.
You work 8 hrs a day , the hardest thing when you deal with customer repairs , enjoyable part is the morning sessions were we play games and learn the same time .
great staff all round. team building was always fun as we got to mingle with one another.the work environment was pure friendly.it was a pleasure to work there
Definitely one of the best companies to work for and would recommend any one with a vibrant personality to join. Growth is unlimited, pending on yourself to make those extra efforts.
Pros
Growth, incentives, discounts and many more benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Always fun working for this brand Plenty of training Managers are always supportive Clients are great Long hours Great HR management Top fashion
Staff managers and all is great i had no problem with any of them only thing was travelling and their hours, i enjoyed working there if i could go back i would.
Pros
Free gifta
Cons
Since starting with the cape union group I have worked in 2 stores one of which was a brand new store in a new mall and since then I have had many opportunities to grow and further myself.
Pros
Staff discount, uniform allowance.
Cons
Cape Union Mart is a great place to be. Each day working with new customers helps teach me how to workbench people. Management treats us all equally and we as colleagues work together as a team in unity.
Pros
A hour Lunch
Cons
Opens very early
Everything was great just the hours were not good because of retail hours coming home late after 8 pm was not great especailly when you are a mother and have kids that are still at school that still needs to be assisted with school work.
Cons
Cape union mart is a store that values local and international customers. The working conditions of the company are reasonable as per the bcea I bealive in growth also cape Union mart bealive in growing their employees
Pros
Free lunch for double shift
Cons
Late hours
great place with great culture. the promotion system is great and I WOULD REFER EVERY ONE TO THIS COMPANY . i was promoted within A few months from stores to head office
It was fun working for me in the beginning as it was my first job, I have been taught a lot of things (small or big) that I have been grateful for. The salary wasn’t the best and growth was really slow. Very average company to work for, especially working at the bottom.
Pros
Training on customer service was never ending
Cons
Bad salary, awkward hours
A good working environment, team work. I enjoyed my time there very much, the stuff and bosses are always there to assist not only at work, but if you have a personal problem they are there to lend you a hand. The salary and also the overtime was good.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours
I enjoyed working here, worked really well with the team and got the job done. A lot of hard work and hours but it taught me patience and determination
So many things I've learned when it came to making sales. Meeting all kinds of different people. Got to know the different types of products based within the store. Company that always gave training making one understand that the product is all about
Pros
Good vibe
Cons
That is time when i used to learn about the products and equipment because it wasnt busy that much and it hangs out with my learning how to fold, how to make sales was the most hardest part at first but when time went on i actually learnt how to make my sales which became enjoyable at work. Culture of the place was suitable and made me comfortable to a point of feeling at home. Talking about the management they are people who makes everything feels easy and quick to learn but when the shop doesnt make sales then it was trouble but in a good form and the most part i loved and enjoy is when we did good sales and taken out for an adventure day off we were always treated the same no culture or religion was separated from the others but i will be honest the working hours was hetic at times but still loved my job
Pros
discount