Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

It was my first job in a corporate company, and I had gain many life skills through this job, which has benefited me vastly, such as time management and being able to take on responsibilities.
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Im neat good looking young lady whos ambitious n har working willing to learn more new things. And meeting new people n have energy always on point...
Pros
If possible
Cons
Eight hours
Awesome company. Great colleagues. Fantastic teamwork. Learning experience. Goal-driven. Cares for staff. Plenty growth and development opportunities.
it was a great starting off job in retail I learned a lot including basic admin skills , auditing skills I learned how to approach people and identify their individual needs
Pros
meet new people
Cons
A typical work day comprises of doing stock counts, flat packing, tagging and hanging out stock, cleaning and tidying up, seeing to customers and cashing. I've improved my customer service skills and learned how to manage many different situations I've learnt valuable skills and knowledge which are essential for any work environment. I was lead by an amazing management team who guided me, shaped me and molded me to become not only a good worker but also a better person and encouraged me to strive for excellence in all I do. In a dynamic and ever changing environment I've learnt to adapt and keep up with various demands. I didn't look at any aspect of my job as being difficult but rather i took it as a challenge and a new learning experience, however dealing with customers can sometimes get difficult, a little patience and understanding goes a long way. Learning about new products and how they work would have to be the most enjoyable aspect of work for me, as I regularly learnt about new products and the purpose they served. It was really exciting!
The company have been really great as an employer and provided me with many opportunities over the years of service. I now have 2 kids and my time with my family is more important at this stage of my life and therefore seeking new opportunities to have a more balanced life.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
No life
very friendly working environment. typically starts with a morning meeting, which is a feedback from the previous days performance of the store and the individual employee. typical activities include merchandising and serving customers.
Pros
incentives
Cons
long hours standing
My ratings are based on the Pavillion Store. A day doesn't pass by without hearing complaints about the store manager from my colleagues. Great colleagues creating a great environment when the store manager is absent. most challenging part of the job is the race against time to meet your Sales target. most enjoyable part of the job is also the race against time to your sales target.
Pros
great salary remuneration package
Cons
Rory
i learn new ways to approach customers and how to close deals in different way everyday, its a great place to work and the rewards are pretty fair
Pros
incentive