Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

It's a very good company to work for, great benefits, good working experience skills, good environment, loved it.... Wish I could go back... But life goes on...
Pros
Incentives, if target is reached, good salary, friendly environment 👌
Cons
Long retail hours obviously
At this company i have learned more about being a team player and that we all win when we work hand in hand.Cape Union Mart has taught me that a person drvelops themselves they shouldn't wait for someone to come tell them what to do...
Staff is not taken as people, there is no growth and the colour of your skin really matters. No matter how hard you work, if your manager doesn't like you then very less hours are given to you.
Benefits
Cons
working with customer service, training of all new products, get the opportunity to grow with in the company, stock take is always the hardest part of the job,
Pros
training
Cons
stock take
Working for the company it was good it teaching you customer service you value them in store not by buying only but building a good relationship with them. I belive for people know to your brand and the name of the store it all goes down to the service you gave them.
Pros
Customer service First
Cons
I really enjoyed my time there, they understand great customer service, lovely management whom is in touch with their own employees. The culture there is absolutely stunning!
Pros
Job security, lovely people, care for the stuff
Cons
In this workplace got to learn about products and they purpose what different materials can do for you in cold weathers and when you go out for hikes.
Pros
Friendly people, getting to learn
Cons
Working on public holidays
I have learned a whole lot from both fields, that Customers should all the time be treated with care and respect, the hardest part of the job on both call center and retail fields is dealing with difficult Customers worse when I am having a bad day as well,however the management always try their level best to lift up our spirit...
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
I learned allot at this company about what it was that I really want to do with my time. they gave me so many opportunities that I will be great full for
Cons
Family owned business that truly cares for its staff and wants to see them grow and develop. Great career path when opportunities are available. Staff are encouraged to chase their dreams and become what they dream to be. Company offers great perks and incentives and the basic salary is very competitive.
Pros
Care about their people
Cons
Not enough presence in Durban
My opinion of Learning and Development was so bad at Cape Union Mart. I will not put blame on the Company but as an individual i really almost lost my confidence and my ability. I really do not wish anyone to go through the humiliation I experienced and also almost doubted my potential. I am glad I left the toxic environment and I really wish all them well. It really was not my place. I have so much passion for Learning and Development but not in the kind of environment I was in.The CEO is the best ever.
Cape union mart is an excellent company which allows anyone to grow and support their employees dreams , with a goal of being number one retailer and deliver awesome customer service
hard work, tough people, crazy customers lots of fun they force you to work even on your days off or if you have a letter. if you can't work they treat you very bad
Pros
money
Cons
they force you to work, even on off days
A typical work day if I was not on cash desk I would be standing at the door welcoming customers, or at one of the clothing departments fixing it up making sure all sizes required are there and making sales or at cash desk making sales go through. I learnt alot about teamwork. and changing leadership roles at cash desk. Learnt that knowing your product makes selling to a customer easy peasy. Also learnt to be open towards the team and not hold anything inside I learnt what it is like to have a family at work. Management knows their story and always considered us. Trying to keep my cool with irritable customers was the hardest part. Most enjoyable part all the morning meetings before the store opened.
Pros
Double pay
Cons
It's a good company with excellent customer service the culture and the fun at the work place productivity of learning and experience new products fun
Pros
Free lunch when we riched our target's
Cons
Good hour's
I enjoyed working at cape union mart i loved the outdoor we use to go and the culture of it amazing. i learned more about working as a team player and you can achieve more by doing that. I grow as a person too. The challenges was so brilliant
Pros
no free bees
Cons
long hour indeed
Cape union Mart is one of the best companies I have worked for. The culture is like no other and what it stands for is what the rest of the retail world needs. Customer is king is what Cape Union Mart is all about. They care for the employees and create a good environment for staff. They take interest in their staff and their well being.
Pros
Great incentives
Cons
The culture of this company is what makes them one of the best companies to work for. Their vision, value and missions for the future secure your job forever. It's a company that is renowned world wide for the products they are selling. 90% of their products are manufactured locally.
Pros
Great benefits eg. Staff discount. Extensive training for development
it was a challenging work experience because its a competion of sales with the other co-workers,we had a sales target every month but was very fruitful because it kept us on our toes
Pros
short working hours
Cons
salary
Retail is not only about selling items to customers, but also working hard as a team to make the company successful by completing tasks and encouraging your co-workers. A typical day at work includes greeting and assisting customers, merchandising and keeping a general order within the store by cleaning and replenishing the stock that has been sold. When I first started work in the store I did not know how to merchandise and/or sell items. My co-workers then trained me and encouraged me to make a sale or change up my department. The managerial team is very efficient and I have respect from them. There is a difference between being a boss and a leader: the difference being that a leader encourages the team and commends them for their hard work, but is also the leader in terms of telling you what can and cannot be done in a way that does not belittle you, which in turn motivates you to work harder or change your method. The hardest part about my job is selling, this is because I cannot convince you that you must buy the item that you are in two minds about. The easiest part about my job is merchandising. Merchandising is creative and exciting because it must catch the eye of the customer so they believe that they must have the item. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the team. They are fun to work with and easy to talk to, encouraging and interesting. It is rewarding to work with a team that can be productive and yet with the same token encouraging. Working in retail has really opened my eyes to a diversity of people and cultures, and I have - more...
Management was hard core when it came to reaching target, making customers feel welcome and making sure your department was up to date. The hardest part was when I had customer complains about a certain item that needed to be ordered asap and it wasn't. In that case, as well trained as I was on how to deal with an unhappy customer it was hard yet always a learning curve for me. The most enjoyable part about previous job would be putting a smile on more than 5 customers(a happy customer) and of course receiving incentives at the end of the year
Pros
Store competions on who will sell more would win you free Lunch
Cons
1hour