Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng26 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Productive and fun

Good companyFast paceStressfulFunTransparencyEnergyTeam orientatedGood managementGood staffHigh levels of pace and productivityTop level management engagement

Benefits

Management sucks

Overall nice place to work at. My problem is with the management, everything will be rainbows and sunshine until store leaders feel pressure from area managers then start throwing the junior stuff under the bus. I enjoyed the branch in the Eastern Cape, but Johannesburg branches are the worst!

Best work place

it's a good company & it has the best working experience & working conditions , healthy working conditions and the best working experience one would wish to have, I can work there if I could get another chance because I resigned

Cons

Fun, great experience, good customer service experience skills

It's a very good company to work for, great benefits, good working experience skills, good environment, loved it.... Wish I could go back... But life goes on...

Pros

Incentives, if target is reached, good salary, friendly environment 👌

Cons

Long retail hours obviously

Productivity

At this company i have learned more about being a team player and that we all win when we work hand in hand.Cape Union Mart has taught me that a person drvelops themselves they shouldn't wait for someone to come tell them what to do...

Unhappy working environment

Staff is not taken as people, there is no growth and the colour of your skin really matters. No matter how hard you work, if your manager doesn't like you then very less hours are given to you.

Benefits

productive and fun

working with customer service, training of all new products, get the opportunity to grow with in the company, stock take is always the hardest part of the job,

Pros

training

Cons

stock take

Fun place work for and keeping their culture as well

Working for the company it was good it teaching you customer service you value them in store not by buying only but building a good relationship with them. I belive for people know to your brand and the name of the store it all goes down to the service you gave them.

Pros

Customer service First

Very productive

I really enjoyed my time there, they understand great customer service, lovely management whom is in touch with their own employees. The culture there is absolutely stunning!

Pros

Job security, lovely people, care for the stuff

Knowledgeable

In this workplace got to learn about products and they purpose what different materials can do for you in cold weathers and when you go out for hikes.

Pros

Friendly people, getting to learn

Cons

Working on public holidays

Fun Workplace

I have learned a whole lot from both fields, that Customers should all the time be treated with care and respect, the hardest part of the job on both call center and retail fields is dealing with difficult Customers worse when I am having a bad day as well,however the management always try their level best to lift up our spirit...

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Long Hours

exhausting

I learned allot at this company about what it was that I really want to do with my time. they gave me so many opportunities that I will be great full for

Cons

Best company I have every worked for.

Family owned business that truly cares for its staff and wants to see them grow and develop. Great career path when opportunities are available. Staff are encouraged to chase their dreams and become what they dream to be. Company offers great perks and incentives and the basic salary is very competitive.

Pros

Care about their people

Cons

Not enough presence in Durban

Head Office Johannesburg Learning and Development

My opinion of Learning and Development was so bad at Cape Union Mart. I will not put blame on the Company but as an individual i really almost lost my confidence and my ability. I really do not wish anyone to go through the humiliation I experienced and also almost doubted my potential. I am glad I left the toxic environment and I really wish all them well. It really was not my place. I have so much passion for Learning and Development but not in the kind of environment I was in.The CEO is the best ever.

Good company which allows you to grow and support your dreams

Cape union mart is an excellent company which allows anyone to grow and support their employees dreams , with a goal of being number one retailer and deliver awesome customer service

not bad

hard work, tough people, crazy customers lots of fun they force you to work even on your days off or if you have a letter. if you can't work they treat you very bad

Pros

money

Cons

they force you to work, even on off days

Productive and educational

A typical work day if I was not on cash desk I would be standing at the door welcoming customers, or at one of the clothing departments fixing it up making sure all sizes required are there and making sales or at cash desk making sales go through. I learnt alot about teamwork. and changing leadership roles at cash desk. Learnt that knowing your product makes selling to a customer easy peasy. Also learnt to be open towards the team and not hold anything inside I learnt what it is like to have a family at work. Management knows their story and always considered us. Trying to keep my cool with irritable customers was the hardest part. Most enjoyable part all the morning meetings before the store opened.

Pros

Double pay

Cons

Excellent customer service and the fun workplace to be

It's a good company with excellent customer service the culture and the fun at the work place productivity of learning and experience new products fun

Pros

Free lunch when we riched our target's

Cons

Good hour's

Fun working place indeed

I enjoyed working at cape union mart i loved the outdoor we use to go and the culture of it amazing. i learned more about working as a team player and you can achieve more by doing that. I grow as a person too. The challenges was so brilliant

Pros

no free bees

Cons

long hour indeed

Great culture and fun environment

Cape union Mart is one of the best companies I have worked for. The culture is like no other and what it stands for is what the rest of the retail world needs. Customer is king is what Cape Union Mart is all about. They care for the employees and create a good environment for staff. They take interest in their staff and their well being.

Pros

Great incentives

Cons

Customer service, Objectives are to grow work colleagues, Best part of the job was seeing the company growing from strength to strength

The culture of this company is what makes them one of the best companies to work for. Their vision, value and missions for the future secure your job forever. It's a company that is renowned world wide for the products they are selling. 90% of their products are manufactured locally.

Pros

Great benefits eg. Staff discount. Extensive training for development

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Union Mart. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance