Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

I like the culture of the company at the store the sales person they are nice to wards customers at all the time they even help u so fast about the shoes sizes
Pros
Be able to work from 9am to 6pm
Cons
Standing up all day
Working at cape union Mart was a nice experience because you get to learn a lot of things and how to handle different situations.you have to be a hardworker be able to accommodate customers in a very friendly way.
Working at Cape Union is lots of fun. It teaches you how to balance your life, you learn about products that help customers and could end up helping you as well. The culture in stores is great as it endorses teamwork and achievement.
it is a very warm welcoming place to work at, people are very loving and fun to work with. i enjoyed working at that place and i love the culture most importantly i learned a lot and gained experience.
Pros
team building tasks
Cons
short hours
In this workplace got to learn about products and they purpose what different materials can do for you in cold weathers and when you go out for hikes.
Pros
Friendly people, getting to learn
Cons
Working on public holidays
I have learned a whole lot from both fields, that Customers should all the time be treated with care and respect, the hardest part of the job on both call center and retail fields is dealing with difficult Customers worse when I am having a bad day as well,however the management always try their level best to lift up our spirit...
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long Hours
Im neat good looking young lady whos ambitious n har working willing to learn more new things. And meeting new people n have energy always on point...
Pros
If possible
Cons
Eight hours
My Days was always interesting and productive I've learned to work under pressure, set goals and do your work professionally. How to work with people, to understand them and to assist them with my knowledge and to learn from them as well. I always stay calm in whatever situation there was and handled it well. Always stay positive and strive to do the best you can. I always felt good when the job was well done and Management or the Employer was satisfied and happy.
I think Cape Union Mart is a great company to work for whether you at store Level or even at head office. The company is very warm and loving they care for the staff employed their .If you someone who likes working and not standing around this is the company to work for because Cape Union Mart stores are so huge filled with different equipment ,Garments and gadgets you can unpacking and merchandising. Overall the culture is great and if you a student and adventurous a Cape Union Mart Store is for You!
Pros
There is room for growth in the company even to a head office postion
Cons
if you a not permanant your chances of gettinf a weekend off is very very very low
Everyday you experience something different whether it's worth related or just your interaction with the customers I've learned alot and even come our of my shell Certain management was and still is a honor to work with they've taught me alot. The culture is all about team work and achieving one goal whether it's making target or just staying within Boundaries. Hardest part is not being able to give the customer what they want due to not having enough resources and the best part is when we go out on hikes or other adventurous activities.
Pros
Team buildings
Cons
Shifts and long hours
Cape union mart is an excellent company which allows anyone to grow and support their employees dreams , with a goal of being number one retailer and deliver awesome customer service
A typical work day if I was not on cash desk I would be standing at the door welcoming customers, or at one of the clothing departments fixing it up making sure all sizes required are there and making sales or at cash desk making sales go through. I learnt alot about teamwork. and changing leadership roles at cash desk. Learnt that knowing your product makes selling to a customer easy peasy. Also learnt to be open towards the team and not hold anything inside I learnt what it is like to have a family at work. Management knows their story and always considered us. Trying to keep my cool with irritable customers was the hardest part. Most enjoyable part all the morning meetings before the store opened.
Pros
Double pay
Cons
Awesome company. Great colleagues. Fantastic teamwork. Learning experience. Goal-driven. Cares for staff. Plenty growth and development opportunities.
A typical work day comprises of doing stock counts, flat packing, tagging and hanging out stock, cleaning and tidying up, seeing to customers and cashing. I've improved my customer service skills and learned how to manage many different situations I've learnt valuable skills and knowledge which are essential for any work environment. I was lead by an amazing management team who guided me, shaped me and molded me to become not only a good worker but also a better person and encouraged me to strive for excellence in all I do. In a dynamic and ever changing environment I've learnt to adapt and keep up with various demands. I didn't look at any aspect of my job as being difficult but rather i took it as a challenge and a new learning experience, however dealing with customers can sometimes get difficult, a little patience and understanding goes a long way. Learning about new products and how they work would have to be the most enjoyable aspect of work for me, as I regularly learnt about new products and the purpose they served. It was really exciting!
theres competition amongst sales assistants,individual targets are given and we must reach targets theres also team work,we passionate at what we do.
Pros
incentives are paid
Cons
Normal hours
Cape Union Mart is a retail company and is responsible for liaising with customers in order to ensure a transaction goes smoothly. A sales assistant is expected to help customers choose between the company's array of goods and services, process payments and maintain a high level of customer service.I enjoyed being by the door to greet customers with my beautiful smile before they begin with their shopping experience at our store.
Pros
Pick n Pay gift cards
Cons
The people in the company treat each other with respect and dignity. They make it fun and enjoyable. The types of customer that the store receives is incredible as I encounter both local and international customers.
Pros
Staff Discount and Incentives
Cons
A typical day at work for me either requires me to be a sales assistant or a cashier. When I am a sales assistant then I attend to customers or I am unpacking stock. When I am a cashier then I ring up the sales of the sales assistants, answer the phone and search for stock. I have learned that retail is not an easy industry to be in especially when there are no customers. I have also learned that the people you work with can become like family. The busiest time in the retail industry is the festive season but the toughest time is stock take and the months after the festive season.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Quiet day in the store
This was a part time job which I did on weekends. The job was to assist customers on clothing. I have learnt to be patient and be more understanding of the customer frustrations. The hardest part of the job was to smile at rude customers. The most enjoyable moments were to get appreciating customers.
Pros
Training on new merchandise
Cons
not being able to attend church on sundays
Management was hard core when it came to reaching target, making customers feel welcome and making sure your department was up to date. The hardest part was when I had customer complains about a certain item that needed to be ordered asap and it wasn't. In that case, as well trained as I was on how to deal with an unhappy customer it was hard yet always a learning curve for me. The most enjoyable part about previous job would be putting a smile on more than 5 customers(a happy customer) and of course receiving incentives at the end of the year
Pros
Store competions on who will sell more would win you free Lunch
Cons
1hour