Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant57 reviews
South Africa57 reviews
4,0
Teaches you alot about a fun gilled workplace,working enviroment is relaxed but can be stressful due to pressure but teamwork is an essencial to youas
3,0
Communication between employers and employees must be clear and understandable.They must be a bond of trust between two parties
Often movement of the stuff will help them grow n see some kind of direction within the company
4,0
Cape Union Mart, morning there is a meeting where training about products sold is done, followed by a session of games the will get everyone energized and ready for the day. I learned a lot about gadgets, camping, hiking, trail running, fitness watch, high quality cameras, how do sell including up-sell and multi-sales. company is a fun place with a lot of information that need to be stamped and be part of you. they rotate their staff in order for them to find an area they good in.
4,0
I enjoyed being at work every single day
I learned how to work with a team and to manage the store

Work was Fun and exciting

Working with people everyday was the best part about work
Pros
Incentive
5,0
Learned alot from this company, the pay is reasonable compared to other retailers, great work ethic....nothing bad to say except that there wasn't alot of growth.
Pros
Great benefits
5,0
I gaine so much skill of how to work with people, how to behave at work, I have excellent attitude to my customers, and to adapt the culture of the campane value.
5,0
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings.
I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
5,0
Best place to obtain skills and grow to a better Sales Assistant through learning and practicing the company culture. Best platform to work directly with customers.
3,0
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
5,0
Working at the company, in the store (Old Khaki) we had to know our products very well in order to sell them to fit the customer's needs. We learned about our products in fun and innovative ways not only to improve knowledge on what we sell but also our customer service with role play. It was so much fun.
4,0
Growth is such a steep but furthermore this is a great working environment to work for. They also provide trainings, camps to help one know more and explore the main culture of the conpany
4,0
great staff all round. team building was always fun as we got to mingle with one another.the work environment was pure friendly.it was a pleasure to work there
5,0
It's a very good company to work for, great benefits, good working experience skills, good environment, loved it.... Wish I could go back... But life goes on...
Pros
Incentives, if target is reached, good salary, friendly environment 👌
Cons
Long retail hours obviously
3,0
On hands during the day. No stand g around doing nothing.
How to be more creative.

Workplace culture is very important

Being able to defend yourself is very difficult.
Pros
Being rewarded.
Cons
More days at home rather than at work.
5,0
At this company i have learned more about being a team player and that we all win when we work hand in hand.Cape Union Mart has taught me that a person drvelops themselves they shouldn't wait for someone to come tell them what to do...
2,0
Staff is not taken as people, there is no growth and the colour of your skin really matters. No matter how hard you work, if your manager doesn't like you then very less hours are given to you.
Benefits
4,0
I appricated the opportunity because a learned a lot about customer service. Each morning we had training about product know and other things relevant in the store.
Pros
Birthday gifts
3,0
Nice company to work for nice benefits and amazing customer service, number one in customer service and target driven company with lots of fun and entertainment while we make big money
Pros
Lunch hours
3,0
The company's environment was enjoyable to work for. Everything was done professionally. A uniform was provided. Staff management were considerate regarding family emergencies and leave.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Cape union mart is a store that values local and international customers. The working conditions of the company are reasonable as per the bcea I bealive in growth also cape Union mart bealive in growing their employees
Pros
Free lunch for double shift
Cons
Late hours
3,0
Hours are long and usually according to the mall times. This job is great for students/casuals/part time and especially awesome to gain experience in the retail sector for recent matriculants
Pros
discounts
Cons
boring
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cape Union Mart. Our community is ready to answer.
4,1