Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews for Sales Representative

I've worked on a retail for 4 years and I must say,I've gained alot about customer service and culture. I've managed to do IBT's & customer orders. Working with customers is s very good because you get to understand them and also manage to build friendship. The hardest part was working during those festive long hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
I enjoyed working here, worked really well with the team and got the job done. A lot of hard work and hours but it taught me patience and determination
Learnt alot of people skills and leadership skills. Learnt to deal with alot of different people and handle customers.objections in a respectable way.
Pros
Insentives
Cons
a typical day at work would have been clearing old stock and rearranging displays for the store, greeting customers and selling yourself as a reliable and efficeint sales staff memeber.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
stealing of earnings
Since starting i have no fun dayes. Is being emotionaly targeted and is being victimised by management. Most of the employees is backstabbing. It is no longer fun to go to wotk . Try my best to stay positive but is very hard. They are trying tobget me fired. They certainly want to give my position to an other employee. They does not like me as i also know some employees claim sales that is not their own. As always cultures is an big problem Its very sad.
Be dedicated to your work. Cape Union Mart aims to keep their company as one of the best retailers in the country. Be prompt. Always be open to learning new things.
Pros
friendly and helpful staff
hade good working experience . learned a lot from the company. started young and there is where a love for the sales environment came from. great managers
it was a challenging work experience because its a competion of sales with the other co-workers,we had a sales target every month but was very fruitful because it kept us on our toes
Pros
short working hours
Cons
salary
Cape Union Mart was a great place to work. I learned a lot in a short time. This was where I learned punctuality and people skills. Here I learned to be confident and how to interact with people in difficult situations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?