Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Cape union mart is a family orientated company, You feel part of the family and the history when employed or representing the company on a daily basis.
New client base is more challenging due to the expectations of the company. Customers are number one and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction.
Its a fun place to work in and theres lot of growth opportunities... everyone lives the company's values n culture. We get paid fairly and theres always competition to boost our energ levels and our hard work is appreciated
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with. Culture is good on paper and at DM level 😊 But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
I learned allot at this company about what it was that I really want to do with my time. they gave me so many opportunities that I will be great full for
Cons
Family owned business that truly cares for its staff and wants to see them grow and develop. Great career path when opportunities are available. Staff are encouraged to chase their dreams and become what they dream to be. Company offers great perks and incentives and the basic salary is very competitive.
Pros
Care about their people
Cons
Not enough presence in Durban
Cape Union Mart is a great company and have grown so much since I have been there. As a company we still showing a profit while other companies are battling. Their core values are Trust, Innovation and passion and that is what makes the company work like a well oiled machine. It's been an experience that I won't easy forget. They also pay bonuses without even thinking twice about it and they just want to give money away by creating competitions so they can empower staff financially in these tough times.
Pros
They want to give out money In the form of competitions and incentives
Cons
Long hours at store level
The staff is a joy to work with. The training sessions results in great fun. Our products are interesting and of good quality. Great support between stores.
Pros
Free Funeral Benefit
Cons
Long Hours, Inconsistent off days and weekends
Dare to lead team iq to the tip. Great culture and great teams. Paid to have fun.Outdor experiances with a dedicated team in the l & d deparrtments. Always fun.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?
Cape Union Mart is a great company to work for, namely due to the fact that they have a awesome company culture. You really feel that you are valued and that you can make a difference in the business.
Pros
Personal Growth
Cons
Long Hours
It's.a awesome company to work for the culture is amazing policies are online with the company goals and they invest in their people. We meet different people dually to chatty with as well as sell the.product too. The most amazing part is that we have given an authority to be innovative when we are merchandising our stock so that it can be productive for the business.
Pros
Awesome
Cons
long hour shifts
Really a fun and funky place to work as you are not restricted to anything. A day at work is challenging as you have a daily target and the store does not cater for everyone. ( 18 - 40 ). Being a manager at that store is to really think out of the box and to be pro-active in store and with customers.
Great days were when the store reaches targets. Handling difficult customers. Management always grooming staff. Very friendly and easy to work with. When the was a store surprise visit. Incentives
Pros
Incebtives
Cons
Health
Cape Union Mart is a family company that originated in 1922, and has remained family-run for more than 80 years. Traditional family values are still present in this company, making it a cosy, comfortable place to work in. Cape Union Mart's management team are dynamic, and influence the business positively. My retail career started with Cape Union Mart, and succeeding in a company like theirs is not easy, but comes with the prestige and self-worth that the term manager should come with, however with the pride, passion and ownership they teach you, you always get your hands dirty, because that's the Cape Union Mart way.
Pros
Excellent culture and environment
Cons
Advancement can be slow
A typical day at work will start with bank reconciliation a good morning meeting discussing sales targets, targets achieved on the previous day and where we are currently against our monthly budget. followed by either a team building and motivating exercise or a training session about new or existing products. delegation of daily tasks. admin checks hazard count control liaise with administrators,planners and buyers regarding customer stock requests the general stock situation within the store and and suggestions towards new or improved products to supply to our clientel. store presentation checks.dust/price checks/general merchandising drive sales and motivate staff implementation of campaigns as assigned by H/O close of day. Over and above all the skills i have learnt over the years People skills,handling hard tasks and to work under pressure comes to mind.What i have mostly learned from working for this company is that hard work pays.you get what you put in. Management is some of the best in the retail sector, really caring for staff and always wanting the best from them. The culture within the company is really positive and motivated.hard work gets noticed. From H/O to sales consultants they are a great bunch of people. The hardest part of the job, although not the worst would be working weekends and public holidays. The most enjoyable is to have a truly happy and satisfied customer that ensures return business.
Pros
13th Check, overtime and incentives
Cons
working weekends and public holidays
Giving great customer service with well trained staff to achieve daily target and work goals, working with a team to achieve goals is the best.
Pros
days off