Cape Union Mart
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

Great company, team orientated environment. 50% Medical aid of whole family a very nice benefit, Paid overtime, high pension contribution. Very nice company to work for but unfortunately limited growth opportunities and only instore training.
Pros
Insentives, Paid overtime and casual environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, long Hours.
I worked more than 3 year for the company and had no positive movement withing,always promising staff to grow but never happens,the management are always acting like tyrants and will work you out if one should challenge them.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous hours for minimum whe
Make sure you are not stay there long if you are know yourself and what you doing it for and focus on yourself. Always learn and improve yourself. Be self sufficient and dependable. Keep healthy and self driven.
Pros
There's worse places
Cons
It's endurable
This is a good company to work For though stressful just like the others but The management skills are good! The staff is friendly and very outgoing, they a make team very strong!
Pros
Good work
Cons
Much work
Competitive in sales, promotions in career, fast paste incentive driven, customer service of highest quality. Have to deal with customer from all walks of life so you have to handle everyone in same professional manner if if the smallest item they purchase. staff all from different background and must accommodate each one to their needs. Strict on policies and procedures.
Pros
Medical aid and Pension Fund
i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Working at cape union Mart was a nice experience because you get to learn a lot of things and how to handle different situations.you have to be a hardworker be able to accommodate customers in a very friendly way.
It was nerve wrecking at first but as time went,I slowly but surely felt like I was a part of a team that is why it's so heartbreaking that I am actually leaving.it was great working with the manager,assistant manager and everyone else.
The environment is healthy and the employees get along well. Management is open to listen to employees concerns and the HR department is very hands-on. Payslips are issued without fail every month and salary discrepancies are communicated well in-time.
Pros
Staff discount
I like the culture of the company at the store the sales person they are nice to wards customers at all the time they even help u so fast about the shoes sizes
Pros
Be able to work from 9am to 6pm
Cons
Standing up all day
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?
It was my first job in a corporate company, and I had gain many life skills through this job, which has benefited me vastly, such as time management and being able to take on responsibilities.
cape union mart values the customers and staff their top priority has always been the customer making sure that a customer does not leave their shop without a salesperson having greeted and offered help to the customer, which is something that is missing with most if not all other retailers this a company that is still growing and growing very quickly compared to their competitors. middle and top management stresses the importance of treating staff with the utmost respect. they believe in teams that are happy They refer to their managers as leaders not to be seen as managers or Bosses
Working at Cape Union is lots of fun. It teaches you how to balance your life, you learn about products that help customers and could end up helping you as well. The culture in stores is great as it endorses teamwork and achievement.
Communication between employers and employees must be clear and understandable.They must be a bond of trust between two parties Often movement of the stuff will help them grow n see some kind of direction within the company
Teaches you alot about a fun gilled workplace,working enviroment is relaxed but can be stressful due to pressure but teamwork is an essencial to youas
Cape union mart is a family orientated company, You feel part of the family and the history when employed or representing the company on a daily basis.
New client base is more challenging due to the expectations of the company. Customers are number one and we go out of our way to ensure customer satisfaction.
With my experience in retail I must say Cape Union Mart is definitely one of the best retailers. Very family oriented and fun at times. Every work place has its own difficulties, which we usually got through as a team. We have leaders and not managers so these are people that you're comfortable to talk to at any given time. Fun part is playing games in the morning meeting
It's such a great and fulfilling experience to be part of this company the company that cares and values it's employees it's very rare to find now days.
Pros
You can grow if you work hard and you want to build a long lasting career with the company
Cons
Some areas or cities growth is not possible
Cape Union Mart, morning there is a meeting where training about products sold is done, followed by a session of games the will get everyone energized and ready for the day. I learned a lot about gadgets, camping, hiking, trail running, fitness watch, high quality cameras, how do sell including up-sell and multi-sales. company is a fun place with a lot of information that need to be stamped and be part of you. they rotate their staff in order for them to find an area they good in.
Good company to work for . CRO very nice person, cares about his employees and very compassionate. The salary was very good , had incentives and paid for overtime. The Johannesburg headoffice staff though not pleasant
  1. Employee Reviews