Cape Union Mart
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Cape Union Mart Job Security & Advancement reviews

Great company, team orientated environment. 50% Medical aid of whole family a very nice benefit, Paid overtime, high pension contribution. Very nice company to work for but unfortunately limited growth opportunities and only instore training.
Pros
Insentives, Paid overtime and casual environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, long Hours.
I worked more than 3 year for the company and had no positive movement withing,always promising staff to grow but never happens,the management are always acting like tyrants and will work you out if one should challenge them.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous hours for minimum whe
Competitive in sales, promotions in career, fast paste incentive driven, customer service of highest quality. Have to deal with customer from all walks of life so you have to handle everyone in same professional manner if if the smallest item they purchase. staff all from different background and must accommodate each one to their needs. Strict on policies and procedures.
Pros
Medical aid and Pension Fund
Working at cape union Mart was a nice experience because you get to learn a lot of things and how to handle different situations.you have to be a hardworker be able to accommodate customers in a very friendly way.
It was nerve wrecking at first but as time went,I slowly but surely felt like I was a part of a team that is why it's so heartbreaking that I am actually leaving.it was great working with the manager,assistant manager and everyone else.
It was my first job in a corporate company, and I had gain many life skills through this job, which has benefited me vastly, such as time management and being able to take on responsibilities.
Working at Cape Union is lots of fun. It teaches you how to balance your life, you learn about products that help customers and could end up helping you as well. The culture in stores is great as it endorses teamwork and achievement.
Cape union mart is a family orientated company, You feel part of the family and the history when employed or representing the company on a daily basis.
It's such a great and fulfilling experience to be part of this company the company that cares and values it's employees it's very rare to find now days.
Pros
You can grow if you work hard and you want to build a long lasting career with the company
Cons
Some areas or cities growth is not possible
it is a very warm welcoming place to work at, people are very loving and fun to work with. i enjoyed working at that place and i love the culture most importantly i learned a lot and gained experience.
Pros
team building tasks
Cons
short hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?
I gaine so much skill of how to work with people, how to behave at work, I have excellent attitude to my customers, and to adapt the culture of the campane value.
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings. I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
Best place to obtain skills and grow to a better Sales Assistant through learning and practicing the company culture. Best platform to work directly with customers.
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
Excellent company to work for. - Great culture. - Encourages growth through training/courses. - Good collaboration across departments. - Fast paced.
Its a fun place to work in and theres lot of growth opportunities... everyone lives the company's values n culture. We get paid fairly and theres always competition to boost our energ levels and our hard work is appreciated
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
Cape union Mart was the best company I worked for. The experience that I have gained is unbelievable. It was not like working for a company we were all family .
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with. Culture is good on paper and at DM level 😊 But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
  1. Job Security & Advancement