Cape Union Mart
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Cape Union Mart Management reviews

This is a good company to work For though stressful just like the others but The management skills are good! The staff is friendly and very outgoing, they a make team very strong!
Pros
Good work
Cons
Much work
I worked more than 3 year for the company and had no positive movement withing,always promising staff to grow but never happens,the management are always acting like tyrants and will work you out if one should challenge them.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous hours for minimum whe
i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
The environment is healthy and the employees get along well. Management is open to listen to employees concerns and the HR department is very hands-on. Payslips are issued without fail every month and salary discrepancies are communicated well in-time.
Pros
Staff discount
It was my first job in a corporate company, and I had gain many life skills through this job, which has benefited me vastly, such as time management and being able to take on responsibilities.
cape union mart values the customers and staff their top priority has always been the customer making sure that a customer does not leave their shop without a salesperson having greeted and offered help to the customer, which is something that is missing with most if not all other retailers this a company that is still growing and growing very quickly compared to their competitors. middle and top management stresses the importance of treating staff with the utmost respect. they believe in teams that are happy They refer to their managers as leaders not to be seen as managers or Bosses
Communication between employers and employees must be clear and understandable.They must be a bond of trust between two parties Often movement of the stuff will help them grow n see some kind of direction within the company
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
Avery day comes with its story but happiness at work is yourself, i have learnt a lot on customer service,product knowledge facilitating, coaching and informing and how to build customer relationship how to handle or solving problems and trusting in yourself,i learnt a lot on management, i could run a store just like a manager because i was a senior in my role, the hardest part of the job is when you dont understand your daily activities, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your customers are happy with your service
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients. The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead. The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with. Culture is good on paper and at DM level 😊 But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Always fun working for this brand Plenty of training Managers are always supportive Clients are great Long hours Great HR management Top fashion
The company's environment was enjoyable to work for. Everything was done professionally. A uniform was provided. Staff management were considerate regarding family emergencies and leave.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Cape Union Mart is a great place to be. Each day working with new customers helps teach me how to workbench people. Management treats us all equally and we as colleagues work together as a team in unity.
Pros
A hour Lunch
Cons
Opens very early
wow i enjoyed working for such and great high end growing retailer such as cape union mart i have enjoyed my time and service at cape union mart for the past 3 years. great working culture/ fun environment/motivating staff and ,management great working experience indeed
Pros
hiking activities
Cons
short working hours
Each day had its own challenges and fun moments, each day i was expected to have a conversation with the customers were by i was helping them to choose in our different products. I've learned that each customer always had an idea of what he/she want and it is not always easy to convince one to buy something they did not come for, i was expected to have a strategy of convincing them on what to buy by telling them more about the benefits of each product. The management of the store is well demonstrated or conducted since the managers are well skilled and trained, each manager knew on how to use their skills towards their colleagues regarding decision making and motivating us each morning. The workplace culture is not difficult to adapt since you are expected to be always on time and have an acceptable attitude towards customers, each morning one manager would conduct a small meeting briefing and motivating the colleagues. The hardest part of the job was when you had to help a rude moody customer, the most enjoyable part of the job was that you meet different people where by sometimes you get to learn new languages or be told interesting stories about why they need a certain product.
I really enjoyed my time there, they understand great customer service, lovely management whom is in touch with their own employees. The culture there is absolutely stunning!
Pros
Job security, lovely people, care for the stuff