Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Pay & Benefits reviews

The environment is healthy and the employees get along well. Management is open to listen to employees concerns and the HR department is very hands-on. Payslips are issued without fail every month and salary discrepancies are communicated well in-time.
Pros
Staff discount
Good company to work for . CRO very nice person, cares about his employees and very compassionate. The salary was very good , had incentives and paid for overtime. The Johannesburg headoffice staff though not pleasant
Learned alot from this company, the pay is reasonable compared to other retailers, great work ethic....nothing bad to say except that there wasn't alot of growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I was happy , it’s not nice working weekends and holidays but it pays very well , Team work and you learn a lot of product knowledge...,,,,.....,...,.......
The company's intension are in the right place, however the managers and hr managers will run the company down. The pay is good only if you are white. But the company does offer great benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and incentives upon making target.
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Best company ever to work for best HR and area manager they care about the staff they always check on us cape union Mart is not just an employer but family to all thanks to indeed for recommending this job for me last year benefits and salary I'm happy
Definitely one of the best companies to work for and would recommend any one with a vibrant personality to join. Growth is unlimited, pending on yourself to make those extra efforts.
Pros
Growth, incentives, discounts and many more benefits
Cons
Short lunches
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cape Union Mart?
It's a very good company to work for, great benefits, good working experience skills, good environment, loved it.... Wish I could go back... But life goes on...
Pros
Incentives, if target is reached, good salary, friendly environment 👌
Cons
Long retail hours obviously
I've worked on a retail for 4 years and I must say,I've gained alot about customer service and culture. I've managed to do IBT's & customer orders. Working with customers is s very good because you get to understand them and also manage to build friendship. The hardest part was working during those festive long hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Staff is not taken as people, there is no growth and the colour of your skin really matters. No matter how hard you work, if your manager doesn't like you then very less hours are given to you.
Benefits
Cons
Staff managers and all is great i had no problem with any of them only thing was travelling and their hours, i enjoyed working there if i could go back i would.
Pros
Free gifta
Cons
Since starting with the cape union group I have worked in 2 stores one of which was a brand new store in a new mall and since then I have had many opportunities to grow and further myself.
Pros
Staff discount, uniform allowance.
Cons
Nice company to work for nice benefits and amazing customer service, number one in customer service and target driven company with lots of fun and entertainment while we make big money
Pros
Lunch hours
Cons
It's a very nice company to work for, but it's very hard to get a position that will allow you to grow as an individual and an employee. The benefits are fantastic
Pros
Incentives
Cons
No growth
The company's environment was enjoyable to work for. Everything was done professionally. A uniform was provided. Staff management were considerate regarding family emergencies and leave.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Long Hours
Each day had its own challenges and fun moments, each day i was expected to have a conversation with the customers were by i was helping them to choose in our different products. I've learned that each customer always had an idea of what he/she want and it is not always easy to convince one to buy something they did not come for, i was expected to have a strategy of convincing them on what to buy by telling them more about the benefits of each product. The management of the store is well demonstrated or conducted since the managers are well skilled and trained, each manager knew on how to use their skills towards their colleagues regarding decision making and motivating us each morning. The workplace culture is not difficult to adapt since you are expected to be always on time and have an acceptable attitude towards customers, each morning one manager would conduct a small meeting briefing and motivating the colleagues. The hardest part of the job was when you had to help a rude moody customer, the most enjoyable part of the job was that you meet different people where by sometimes you get to learn new languages or be told interesting stories about why they need a certain product.
Cape Union Mart was a casual job I applied for to start gaining basic work experiences. I was only employed for a short period, but it was a good first job experience.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Long retail hours
It was fun working for me in the beginning as it was my first job, I have been taught a lot of things (small or big) that I have been grateful for. The salary wasn’t the best and growth was really slow. Very average company to work for, especially working at the bottom.
Pros
Training on customer service was never ending
Cons
Bad salary, awkward hours
A good working environment, team work. I enjoyed my time there very much, the stuff and bosses are always there to assist not only at work, but if you have a personal problem they are there to lend you a hand. The salary and also the overtime was good.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Hours