Cape Union Mart
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Cape Union Mart Work-Life Balance reviews

Great company, team orientated environment. 50% Medical aid of whole family a very nice benefit, Paid overtime, high pension contribution. Very nice company to work for but unfortunately limited growth opportunities and only instore training.
Pros
Insentives, Paid overtime and casual environment
Cons
Limited growth opportunities, long Hours.
I worked more than 3 year for the company and had no positive movement withing,always promising staff to grow but never happens,the management are always acting like tyrants and will work you out if one should challenge them.
Pros
Cons
Ridiculous hours for minimum whe
i have learn how to work with people and dealing with different people.The management are very nice people.The hardest park of the job is when you have to pick up a order in fourth flour
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
I like the culture of the company at the store the sales person they are nice to wards customers at all the time they even help u so fast about the shoes sizes
Pros
Be able to work from 9am to 6pm
Cons
Standing up all day
Working at Cape Union is lots of fun. It teaches you how to balance your life, you learn about products that help customers and could end up helping you as well. The culture in stores is great as it endorses teamwork and achievement.
Communication between employers and employees must be clear and understandable.They must be a bond of trust between two parties Often movement of the stuff will help them grow n see some kind of direction within the company
Cape union mart is a family orientated company, You feel part of the family and the history when employed or representing the company on a daily basis.
It's such a great and fulfilling experience to be part of this company the company that cares and values it's employees it's very rare to find now days.
Pros
You can grow if you work hard and you want to build a long lasting career with the company
Cons
Some areas or cities growth is not possible
I enjoyed being at work every single day I learned how to work with a team and to manage the store Work was Fun and exciting Working with people everyday was the best part about work
Pros
Incentive
Cons
Learned alot from this company, the pay is reasonable compared to other retailers, great work ethic....nothing bad to say except that there wasn't alot of growth.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
I gaine so much skill of how to work with people, how to behave at work, I have excellent attitude to my customers, and to adapt the culture of the campane value.
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings. I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
The company's intension are in the right place, however the managers and hr managers will run the company down. The pay is good only if you are white. But the company does offer great benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and incentives upon making target.
Excellent company to work for. - Great culture. - Encourages growth through training/courses. - Good collaboration across departments. - Fast paced.
Its a fun place to work in and theres lot of growth opportunities... everyone lives the company's values n culture. We get paid fairly and theres always competition to boost our energ levels and our hard work is appreciated
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Growth is such a steep but furthermore this is a great working environment to work for. They also provide trainings, camps to help one know more and explore the main culture of the conpany
Best company ever to work for best HR and area manager they care about the staff they always check on us cape union Mart is not just an employer but family to all thanks to indeed for recommending this job for me last year benefits and salary I'm happy
Definitely one of the best companies to work for and would recommend any one with a vibrant personality to join. Growth is unlimited, pending on yourself to make those extra efforts.
Pros
Growth, incentives, discounts and many more benefits
Cons
Short lunches