Cape Union Mart

Cape Union Mart Employee Reviews

This is a good company to work For though stressful just like the others but The management skills are good! The staff is friendly and very outgoing, they a make team very strong!
Pros
Good work
Cons
Much work
I gaine so much skill of how to work with people, how to behave at work, I have excellent attitude to my customers, and to adapt the culture of the campane value.
Management is hard to please,you need to know someone to get promoted in time or else you wait for years.colour is also an issue,the lighter you are the better chances you have to be promoted.
I was happy , it’s not nice working weekends and holidays but it pays very well , Team work and you learn a lot of product knowledge...,,,,.....,...,.......
I enjoy working for the company because I am learning more about customer service and its culture is the best. I learned team work. Our leader encourage us every morning meetings. I have seen growth in me especially when it comes to managing my finances, with the company's guidance. Good thing is the is an incentive in every hard work
Avery day comes with its story but happiness at work is yourself, i have learnt a lot on customer service,product knowledge facilitating, coaching and informing and how to build customer relationship how to handle or solving problems and trusting in yourself,i learnt a lot on management, i could run a store just like a manager because i was a senior in my role, the hardest part of the job is when you dont understand your daily activities, the most enjoyable part of the job is when your customers are happy with your service
Best place to obtain skills and grow to a better Sales Assistant through learning and practicing the company culture. Best platform to work directly with customers.
The company's intension are in the right place, however the managers and hr managers will run the company down. The pay is good only if you are white. But the company does offer great benefits such as medical aid, provident fund and incentives upon making target.
At first I really enjoyed working for the company until we got a new manager and the head of operations became very hostile towards me with no objectivity at all and no one attempted to help the situation until I left. I will never ever go back to that organisation again. Even though I was paid well, but I later ate that salary in tears and in fear of losing my job.
Excellent company to work for. - Great culture. - Encourages growth through training/courses. - Good collaboration across departments. - Fast paced.
Its a fun place to work in and theres lot of growth opportunities... everyone lives the company's values n culture. We get paid fairly and theres always competition to boost our energ levels and our hard work is appreciated
Very motivate and learn a lot found it more competitive I have learned how to keep time management and how to supervise others as well as giving the good quality of service to the clients. The management was good in terms of wanting others to learn and lead. The culture was welcoming everyone in the store, black,white and small to big in terms of sizes. The hardest part in the job was to solve customers problem without managers assistant and that has help me to stand on my own even for others. The pay day was more enjoyable, manager would buy us food for lunch and energy drinks to boost energy for a new month.
Job was very engaging and really nice environment to work in, the day always started with a training session on less busier days about key products, i learned alot about camping and adventure leisure equipment, the management was quite flexible but in the short time i worked there we had a high rotation of store managers, which made me uncertain about the job security, with different managers came different cultures some more strict and others more relaxed, i enjoyed the communication with customers and the over all synergy the team had as a whole and the continuous , hardest part was having to adapt to different management styles on the bounce.
Working at the company, in the store (Old Khaki) we had to know our products very well in order to sell them to fit the customer's needs. We learned about our products in fun and innovative ways not only to improve knowledge on what we sell but also our customer service with role play. It was so much fun.
Cape union Mart was the best company I worked for. The experience that I have gained is unbelievable. It was not like working for a company we were all family .
Work you can learn lot of things and really become a force to be reckoned with. Culture is good on paper and at DM level 😊 But at regional level it's a different story . There is no Ubuntu
You work 8 hrs a day , the hardest thing when you deal with customer repairs , enjoyable part is the morning sessions were we play games and learn the same time .
A great culture encouraged by Chairman and CEO however not well implemented within stores. Whilst existing managers, who grew with the intended company culture, were promoted or relocated, a lot of managers brought in externally meant the company culture began to dilute.
Great company to work for with loads of benefits, growth may take much longer an is all dependent on management, I learnt a lot from the company with regards to excellent customer service skills and product knowledge...
Growth is such a steep but furthermore this is a great working environment to work for. They also provide trainings, camps to help one know more and explore the main culture of the conpany
great staff all round. team building was always fun as we got to mingle with one another.the work environment was pure friendly.it was a pleasure to work there
  1. Employee Reviews