CapeNature

CapeNature Employee Reviews

South Africa17 reviews
4,0
I've been working at capenature for more than 3 years, and everyday i'm learning something new. I am in the EPWP programme and the management here are helpful and professional. I was given a lot of opportunities as well as trainings, which enables me to be more productive in my workplace.
Thanks to CapeNature.
Pros
Free Trainings, Massive staff discounts
Cons
irregular hours but only fire season
5,0
CapeNature is a great company to work for due to the exposure, management and working with people who are passionate. I would work for them again given a chance.
4,0
I learnt so much about fundraising, administration, office management, diary handling, the environment also deals with camp sites reservation etc. it is a positive space to be in
Pros
discounts
Cons
N/a
5,0
When i started here i knew nothing, but with the help of staff members i now can say that i have grown in the field. I love working here, people are given an opportunities to grow and enjoy nature while working here. Relevant courses are for own personal growth. The working culture here is also good.
4,0
CapeNature is a governmental organisation responsible for maintaining wilderness areas and public nature reserves in Western Cape Province, South Africa.
Pros
nature
4,0
Its a day work, i learned how to work with the team because we are a team of 12 people, it is a working for water program and i enjoy my work because its in the field..the hardest part is to talk the same thing all over to the adults.
did Locations
did systems update

and the assets register

travelling was the hardest

management varied from time to time and each place of the co i was
Pros
were given free role
Cons
worked at on pace even on overtime...self-driven
4,0
Capenature is a responsible for biodiversity in the Western Cape, we conserve the unique natural heritage resources of the Western Cape for the benefits of all.

Capenature is a fun workplace, I gained lots of skills and I learned on how to conserve nature as a human being.
Pros
Cons
8 hour shift
1,0
when there`s nothing to do
I learned that its important to work in a team

They are good at managing people & in doing their work

They are good people to be with & work with

When we fighting fire

Operating & doing toolbox talks before working
Pros
Year functions
Cons
2 hours
4,0
Direct line manager is very supportive iro guidance for further job successes. The entity created an enabling environment to express concerns where needed. I have well trained staff in my department which enables me to perform above standard. Every day at work starts with a clear plan but there is always some unplanned emergency due to others lack of planning - However, this action then also results in me always constantly being challenged which I love.
Pros
good team
Cons
no realistic long tern plan for financial stability
4,0
Enjoyable and rewarding to work for this company. So many diverse and varied work everyday. Wonderful opportunities to travel and see our beautiful city when visiting the reserves.
Pros
Free travel and accommodation
Cons
To little hours in the day
4,0
I have learned to manage time effectively and my typical day at work is either field work or office. Very friendly people and I enjoy my job.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Working in Rhough Environmental Positions
4,0
I enjoyed myself almost everyday as I am looking forward to meet my customers which is wild animals, just to learn their behaviour.
I learnt on how to organise and to work under pressure.

I am an open minded person who always ask especially from management, about new development regarding policies and the organisational structure, and about the goal and the objectives of the company.

We are all leader who work as a unit, we always support each other.

Fire fighting is the hardest part and dangerous part of my job, and what I enjoy the most its when, we do ecological surveys, like small mammals surveys, reptile and spiders
Pros
There are no free lunches
Cons
fire fighting
4,0
I have worked with a broad range of people on different levels of seniority. Every day was a learning experience because of the vast array of functions and tasks involved.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
5,0
I always look forward to come to work because according to my motto in life, everyday is a new day to learn something new and improve on your shortcomings. I always learn something new everyday.

I have learnt to be persistent and always ask question if i don't understand something and never be afraid to share new ideas with my co-workers.

The hardest part of the part is when i work with something who is not willing to give the full attention to the task that we have been given and end up doing it alone.

The most enjoyable part is when we work as a team and bring new ideas that will help the organisation move forward and be the best at what we do.
Pros
Planning, organizing and implementing events effectively
Cons
Working with lazy co-workers
4,0
Resolving issues pertaining to contractor development
Negotiation Skills and Team-Work

Different styles of management

Dealing with tough team members
Pros
meet different people and characters everyday
Cons
long hours on the road
2,0
Always out in nature whether forest , oceans river and mountains trying to understand the dynamics and bringing my part to conserve nature in all essence otherwise liase with public on Enviromental educationals doing joint venturs with SAPS Marine Coastal management and other stakeholders.
The attention to detail on any task and to respect nature yourselve and always put in the extra bit of hard work .

Always interact with management to solve issues and create transparent and condusive enviroments .

Always work as a team and communicate well and support one another .

Not getting the training and exposure you think you as an individual needs due to budget constraints and procedures.

Always convincing the public to go green and enjoy nature and be aware of the changes , being out and getting smarter everyday .
Pros
half price on accomadation and free entry at all reserve