CapeNature

CapeNature Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape10 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Productive company

Working there was nice they look after their employees just that their salary is way too low. And they should also hire people permanent not this casual job every year you sign contract.

Fun, strategic place

I learnt so much about fundraising, administration, office management, diary handling, the environment also deals with camp sites reservation etc. it is a positive space to be in

Pros

discounts

Cons

N/a

Very fun and good working culture.

When i started here i knew nothing, but with the help of staff members i now can say that i have grown in the field. I love working here, people are given an opportunities to grow and enjoy nature while working here. Relevant courses are for own personal growth. The working culture here is also good.

Conserving Nature with the job that you do

CapeNature is a governmental organisation responsible for maintaining wilderness areas and public nature reserves in Western Cape Province, South Africa.

Pros

nature

Fun workplace

Capenature is a responsible for biodiversity in the Western Cape, we conserve the unique natural heritage resources of the Western Cape for the benefits of all. Capenature is a fun workplace, I gained lots of skills and I learned on how to conserve nature as a human being.

Pros

Cons

8 hour shift

production needed

when there`s nothing to do I learned that its important to work in a team They are good at managing people & in doing their work They are good people to be with & work with When we fighting fire Operating & doing toolbox talks before working

Pros

Year functions

Cons

2 hours

CapeNature

Enjoyable and rewarding to work for this company. So many diverse and varied work everyday. Wonderful opportunities to travel and see our beautiful city when visiting the reserves.

Pros

Free travel and accommodation

Cons

To little hours in the day

Fun and friendly environment

I have worked with a broad range of people on different levels of seniority. Every day was a learning experience because of the vast array of functions and tasks involved.

Pros

Relaxed working environment

Productiveness at work

I always look forward to come to work because according to my motto in life, everyday is a new day to learn something new and improve on your shortcomings. I always learn something new everyday. I have learnt to be persistent and always ask question if i don't understand something and never be afraid to share new ideas with my co-workers. The hardest part of the part is when i work with something who is not willing to give the full attention to the task that we have been given and end up doing it alone. The most enjoyable part is when we work as a team and bring new ideas that will help the organisation move forward and be the best at what we do.

Pros

Planning, organizing and implementing events effectively

Cons

Working with lazy co-workers

Resolving issues pertaining to contractor developmentNegotiation Skills and Team-WorkDifferent styles of managementDealing with tough team members

Pros

meet different people and characters everyday

Cons

long hours on the road

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CapeNature. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,1 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,6 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • CapeNature
  • Cape Town, Western Cape
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?