CapeNature

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,4Management

Productive and

I've been working at capenature for more than 3 years, and everyday i'm learning something new. I am in the EPWP programme and the management here are helpful and professional. I was given a lot of opportunities as well as trainings, which enables me to be more productive in my workplace. Thanks to CapeNature.

Pros

Free Trainings, Massive staff discounts

Cons

irregular hours but only fire season

Maximum Exposure to everything

CapeNature is a great company to work for due to the exposure, management and working with people who are passionate. I would work for them again given a chance.

Fun, strategic place

I learnt so much about fundraising, administration, office management, diary handling, the environment also deals with camp sites reservation etc. it is a positive space to be in

Pros

discounts

Cons

N/a

Was such good learning curve,i could do it any day

did Locations did systems update and the assets register travelling was the hardest management varied from time to time and each place of the co i was

Pros

were given free role

Cons

worked at on pace even on overtime...self-driven

Trainings

I enjoyed myself almost everyday as I am looking forward to meet my customers which is wild animals, just to learn their behaviour. I learnt on how to organise and to work under pressure. I am an open minded person who always ask especially from management, about new development regarding policies and the organisational structure, and about the goal and the objectives of the company. We are all leader who work as a unit, we always support each other. Fire fighting is the hardest part and dangerous part of my job, and what I enjoy the most its when, we do ecological surveys, like small mammals surveys, reptile and spiders

Pros

There are no free lunches

Cons

fire fighting

Resolving issues pertaining to contractor developmentNegotiation Skills and Team-WorkDifferent styles of managementDealing with tough team members

Pros

meet different people and characters everyday

Cons

long hours on the road

Open office in nature

Always out in nature whether forest , oceans river and mountains trying to understand the dynamics and bringing my part to conserve nature in all essence otherwise liase with public on Enviromental educationals doing joint venturs with SAPS Marine Coastal management and other stakeholders.The attention to detail on any task and to respect nature yourselve and always put in the extra bit of hard work .Always interact with management to solve issues and create transparent and condusive enviroments .Always work as a team and communicate well and support one another .Not getting the training and exposure you think you as an individual needs due to budget constraints and procedures.Always convincing the public to go green and enjoy nature and be aware of the changes , being out and getting smarter everyday .

Pros

half price on accomadation and free entry at all reserve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CapeNature. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance