Capitec Bank

Capitec Bank Employee Reviews

South Africa758 reviews

Growing bank with lots of growth opportunities. Always introducing new products. Main and most focus is on loans. Not explaining type of accounts they open to customers thouroughly

Pros

Cons

Commission

Perfect environment for work experience

Loved it here.. not as much pressure. The environment is friendly, although the system at first is complicated, it's easy to get through because of the available help

Pros

Flexibility in working hours

Cons

Not a free environment

Fun at timesChallenging at timesYou get to learn a lot about client service

It gets stressful at times so you have to be committed and disciplined.Working with targets is not easy but because I'm flexible, hard working and passionate I don't struggle that much.

Pros

Incentive but only if the branch qualify.

Cons

Long hours and the pressure from above

Things changed when Riaan(the old CEO) left Capitec

After Riaan left a lot of things happened it was all about business and just no regard for the people servicing their clientele, Riaan knew that the staff mattered and he awarded them accordingly when it came to bonus time, he knew that happy people don't leave and they perform better with motivation. In came Gerrie and he changed the bonus structure to benefit him more than anyone

Pros

I can't really remember pros I just had it with that place and it's favoritism.

Cons

Favoritism!!!! No regard for other people's issues

Always looking forward to the next working day,

Always looked forward to the next working day, enjoyed the freedom of coming up with ur own creative way to energize the staff,how to improve our business n also the allowance to just have fun

Pros

Salary is negotiable and good, incentives paid every 3 months

Cons

Nothing to report

Productive and Fun

Best company to work for. Salary matches job description. Incentives are best. Supportive managers. Friendly staff. There are opportunities for growth if you work hard and constantly apply for opportunities.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Saturday shifts

I want a job at Capitec and make funwork

Hardest part of the job because I would be like to help others and give us respect and make a recruitment because I wants to have more clients.I will be make sure all people are happy.

Pros

Free lunch

Micromanaging and buddy culture

The work is very interesting, and what the company aims to achieve is credible, however there are many negatives. The work culture is very toxic, with a lot of micromanagement. You should not work here if you have an opinion and want to voice it. Promotions are not in the pipeline unless you become like management, and are willing to throw people under the bus to get ahead. Very little support regarding onboarding, with an expectation to just get stuck into work. Absolutely no flexibility regarding work hours (when I had a dental emergency, my manager told me to take pain killers and book the appointment after hours or on the weekend). If you want to work and be monitored 24/7, this is the place for you.

Pros

Discount on loan products

Cons

Long hours, micromanagement, workplace bullying

Fast pace and stressful

The culture is customer focused. You have to able to handle alot of different and difficult situations with customers. Very difficult to balance home life as work takes most of the time. Excellent environment to learn.

Pros

Great Teamwork

Cons

Extremely difficult Clients and Long hours

People orientated

I like how the branch where I worked at was more focussed on the people, because without the people/employees there would be a short in delivering services to clients.

Pros

Employee Benefits

Cons

Short Lunch break

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Capitec Bank?

Productive and competitive

It was competitive as we were required to meet certain targets and required to reach those targets. Salary increase was based on performance and team work was key as bonuses were based on achieving team/ branch targets. Good client care, excellent sales skills and good telemarketing skills are required.

Sales! Sales!

They call you a service consultant but really you are just a sales consultant. You have to make daily targets, weekly targets, monthly targets and quarterly targets. So many products to sell funeral cover, credit card, personal loans, debit orders all those everyday . Have to get referrals, do telemarketing, collections follow up. Spend too much time with client they complain! spend little time a client they still complain!

Pros

Cons

Sales! Work 6 days a week. Have to beg for your time-off. Micromanagement

I learned a lot from the company, it was actually my first time working permanently for a company. They teach work ethics and it helps a lot when you go out in the outside world.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Odd working hours

Great place to start

Please grant people more opportunities for growth. Especially candidates within the company. Each employee has a development plan in place but I just felt like that was just done for compliance no one really cares about your aspirations and your level of education. Allow people time to educate themselves more and grow and leave if possible. My advice to young graduates please if the offer isn't related to what you studied think twice about it, or take it and set yourself a time frame to break into the field within the company. If still that doesn't happen leave! You deserve better. An internship for a year or a semester that will give you the necessary skills and exposure for R3500 pm is better that a contact centre job that will pay you 6500-12000 and suck the life out of you.

Pros

Comfort.

Cons

Long hours, i reached a point where i felt like a zombie.

Fun

Fun environment, I worked with good people that taught me so much. Only con is that I never got the opportunity to grow because of the managers that managed me.

Pros

Some good people to work with

Cons

Theres alot of favouritism with the manager and consultant

Productive, challenging, fun, lots of opportunities to learn and advance

To be honest whilst I was working there I didn't see the benefit of all the things I had been taught and how they would serve me in the future until I saw the ease in transition and being able to adapt to my current job based on the skills and opportunities that Capitec bank had provided for me. There are pros and cons everywhere, I guess what you choose are the things you can live with and be clear about your non-negotiables. I have nothing but respect and gratitude for the organisation, without having been there I'm not sure if my work ethic would be what it is today, the organisation groomed me well and for that I'm eternally grateful.

Pros

Proper training is given, opportunities for growth and advancement available to all, travelling expenses and accommodation paid for by the organisation for work related trips

Cons

Salary when I was there was way below what other banks offered but they have now improved, Sunday trade, Very low contribution towards provident fund

Fast paced

Daily Staff meetings every morning.Team learning sessions weekly.Performance test for quarterly increase.Working Monday to Sunday doesn't guarantee enough days for resting.

Cons

It was fun working there my colleages were very nice people.

I enjoyed working there, everyone was nice and it was easy to handle the clients with the help of my colleages. We also had free lunches and worked on Saturdays.

Pros

We had free lunches

Cons

We worked long hours even on Saturdays

If you are starting out as your first job it’s is great. The demands and targets are not so high but it all depends on your location cause each branch is different.

Pros

You become part of a family

Cons

1 off day a week. Always busy

Demanding work place... Sales orientated.

- frustrating company to work for.- when you take the job you think its customer service but its actually Sales, Sales and more sales.-hectic targets to reach monthly-Everyones looking for a better job cause the job and clientelle is something else.. . They will drain you. They do and expect things there... They would never expect at any other financial service provider.

Pros

Very little medical aid contribution

Cons

Long hours, ungrateful clientelle that does not value you

Production and growth

In learning development the company will develop very well and you will know a lot of things rather specialized in one department as a consultant.. The environment is more relaxed and fun to interact with clients

Pros

Connecting with clients

Cons

Promotion position are limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Capitec Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9
  • Capitec Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?