Carrol Boyes
4,2 out of 5 stars.

Carrol Boyes Employee Reviews

Our work was challenging as u have to meet targets, Make sure that stock reaches clients in time, Stock Quality is 100%, Clients satisfaction is priority.
Pros
Solutions
Cons
Less problems
My experience with carrol boyes was a bad one, the money was great but working with a monster manager made me pack up n go. So the company needs to listen to the sales Assistants cries when they complain cz staff suffer micromanagement and bullying from managers. You end up leaving a good job because of a monster.
Pros
Commission, medical aid, bonus
Cons
Horrible managers, standing all day, 30m in lunch.
I was the youngest and was able to make new friends and family. Unfortunately due to Carrol pulling out they changed the whole management team thus, i do not know how things are in the company. My experience was great. Salary due to commission was really great plus medial aid. Best company to work at.
Target is a very important thing to achieve, knowing and understanding what your selling, understanding your clients as a Brand ambassador or sales person.
Great company where I was able to gain alot of experience in retail and management. It was the start of my retail career which helped me grow in leaps and bounds.
Lovely product and brand image. A high caliber retailer to be proud of working for. Upper management when I was employed did not meet the same caliber.
The company culture is great and the size makes for good learning opportunities, however because of the size of the company growth opportunities are limited.
Benefits
Cons
Growth opportunities
prefer not to say as it is best for the person at the interview to judge for themselves, Work day- long as nit much customer come to the store i have learnt a lot in the industry of fine dinning hardest part of the job- a lot of admin most enjoyable part-the people you meet and clients you build relationships with
Pros
staff discount
Cons
retail hours
It's a very quiet workplace not much customer traffic, which puts a lot of pressure when customers do come in. Management is great, the managers are easy to speak to.
Pros
Unallocated lunch
Cons
Hours are long in december
Working for a big luxury functional art brand brings out the creativity in all its staff. Learning about the different materials used, and the story behind the maginificent brand and founder is absolutely inspiring. My job entails meeting customers standards and satisfaction, assisting my staff and managing the entire store to meeting the brands standard. I just love and enjoy my job and current position.
Pros
Free gifts and exceptional knowledge
Cons
-It sometimes gets to quiet with not much to do on bad days on good days we interact with clients get to know them and build relationships ,making sales cleaning the store and ensuring the items are displayed appropriately as well as doing stock checks ,sending and replying to emails sending the turnover figure per day to our Head office. -I had no knowledge as to use a computer so I became literate and even prepare spread sheets on Excel I also gain knowledge with the types of materials used and the processes it takes to make the items -We communicate openly with our manager and she understand and treats us equally she also gives us opportunities to learn and improve ourselves. -We work well as a team as we are only three no difficulties encountered with anyone as we understand and help each other . -When there are no sales and we have targets to reach in order to receive a commission, dealing with difficult clients. -Reaching targets and merchandising the store as well as seeing and learning about the beautiful items and their different functions ,methods of use.
Pros
Meeting new people, Opportunity for growth
Cons
Long hours, not reaching target
Every day was a challenge. There will never a dull moment. People reated you with respect both elders and peers
Pros
Travelling
Cons
No cons
My typical day consist of: Starting @ 8:00 am, Sorting out any work related e-mails immediately, There are times that I have to relieve the receptionist if needed and also helping with sales @ the warehouse, I am very grateful of management for believing in me and for all the knowledge I acquired, I get along very well with my co-workers except one little 70 odd year old gentleman that is messing up the whole payroll system and does not want to retire to make way for a younger person. The most enjoyable part is working with people because I am a people's person.
Pros
free breakfast meetings
Cons
none as yet.
  1. Employee Reviews