CCD COURIERS
3,0 out of 5 stars.

CCD COURIERS Employee Reviews for Driver

There was no productivity nether any fun working at CCD Couriers as we wer only allowed for approximately 30 minutes in the office a day and thereafter we spent all the time on the road which was obviously more exciting, I met a lot of different types of people which was a plus as I am a peoples person. The company penalised you financially if you made a mistake which was only to their dicretion so if your discretion was not counted.
Company is keen to accept people from most cultural backgrounds, slow to provide you with company attire, you will have to use your own vehicle unless you are a point driver Your zone controller has to deal with a average of 28 couriers, so replies from company phone is extremely slow to non existent and at times a be tardy or worse not even useless.
Pros
You receive a salary
Cons
Your salary does not cover any of the maintenance on your vehicle, working environment is stressful, your zone controller does not work with you but rather against you, You have to use your own vehicle, vehicle maintenance is own problem, no work no pay, salary as a general courier is R3500, of which R1500 is supposedly maintenance money.
The owners can be very unfair but people working with is very nice. They deduct unfair money from your money at your salary. They dimiss employee unfairly and the are corrupt.
Driving experience is what you gain . Time management is what you gain . Customer interaction is what you gain . Route planning is what you gain . No job security since they give month to month contracts they can end and not renew it at any given time .
Drive faster and able to read and understand map. Must be a dedicated driver able to work with group of people. And easily communicate with people since you will meeting with new clients every day
Most Drivers did not like working here as we were all underpaid and worked long hours. we never got what we were promised as a result most drivers left the company.
Pros
Fuel
Cons
long hours. underpaid.
management was a problem as they could not speak properly to stafflearned a lot about the fabric industry and curtainingget to work setup work station.taking stock of all fabric in the store speaking to customers and assisting with there fabric needs
CCD was a nice place to work, the co-workers are very good and ready to learn. i also learned how to communicate very well with people. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult Client and you call for appointment and he/she fail to meet up and you have a lot of target to meet up to. also the most enjoyable part of the job was when you get delivery around the same area.
company was not productive because i was using my own car and get paid monthly only thing that i noticed it a vulnerable when working on that company
Pros
own linch
Cons
I am a hard worker and fast learner. I am always willing to help my fellow co-workers. I am not someone that can sit still so I will always look for something to keep me busy even if it is not my job to do. I get along with co-workers no matter what race. I can also speak a bit of Sotho.
Pros
Medical and Pension
Cons
8 to 5
Collecting and checking items of delivery, checking routes and completing deliveries. Verifying delivery on documents and receipts of deliveries. Arriving at base, handing in of receipt and refueling and signing off. Th most enjoyable part of the job was traveling and meeting new people and experiencing the countryside.
Pros
working in unison with co-workers and management and meeting new people.
Cons
using my own private vehicle for delivery