CCD COURIERS
3,0 out of 5 stars.

CCD COURIERS Employee Reviews

By the time I left the company I realized that the pay was not worth what you needed to do for it. During my last few days couriers were expected to deliver packages at a rate that would not be possible by the rules set out by the company, making it difficult to deliver before the deadline at the end of the work day.
Cons
Hours are erratic, some days you might have less to deliver and finish early, others you may have more than you can deliver on that day
At CCD i did one duty all day there was no challenge of facing new problems that needs to be solved...................................................
Pros
1 hour lunch time.
Cons
no transport home after working night shift.
I had a very cordial and productive relationship with both the senior management and the fellow subordinates. I led a team that has achieved a milestone since the establishment of the company. I have started as a courier and worked myself up through the ranks and the experience I have acquired is beyond immense.
Pros
Performance bonuses
Cons
Taught me how to do telesales and data capturing. Was hard work for little money. Enjoyed the environment and people that I worked with. Management was a little bit stressful due to temper.
Pros
learning expierience
Cons
management wasn't the friendliest
working for ccd has been a environment for me to learn more about the corporate life and be disciplined when it comes to pushing myself and doing my best . because it was something totally different I learned a lot and can now take on anything . the people I met and worked for are amazing ,sweet and caring and meeting them was an honor and I am proud to call them my friends and family now .
Pros
leaving early
Cons
long and dangerous hours
I enjoy working with people, but the hardest part of the job was that I could not speak for my self because when you are not happy with what the company offers and tell them ,you get fired or treated bad, but I learned a lot from the company that customer service is important, how you respond to the clients, how to speak to clients and I was expected to reach target 80 bookings a day ,witch is not easy but what I loved about the company is the fact that they teach you a lot of things
Pros
Cons
9 hours
Working iviroment is good,normal working hours,overtimes for making extra cash,no racisim we are a team and skills development that's what I love of the company.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
Normal hours
Work load hectic, Salary not good Learned a lot from CCD , It was a great platform to start on. Management was not so good,Some how we over work ourselves,I enjoyed the queries and challenges.
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
Hectic hours
Ccd was a nice company to work in only thing that was a set off was the lunch hours BT the managers are helpful and always there to Assist the agents if u need help wht a customer the managers and supervisors are hands on.
Cons
I wish there would be more respect and happy faces from management. Notify month to month contract workers a week before the time instead of on the day. Reasonable lunch hours. And get people to train new staff not people from the call centre and then expect the call centre agent to perform the same way. The half hour lunch break for the whole day is ridiculous.
Pros
Free transport home after working late
Cons
Half hour lunch break for the whole day
I enjoyed working for ccd because they gave me an opportunity to show them that i can work at my ability...and i can say i learnt do much from them
Cons
CCD was a nice place to work, the co-workers are very good and ready to learn. i also learned how to communicate very well with people. the hardest part of the job was when you get a difficult Client and you call for appointment and he/she fail to meet up and you have a lot of target to meet up to. also the most enjoyable part of the job was when you get delivery around the same area.
The company's always on its busiest, from making bookings to assiting the couriers or clients. You learn everyday to deal with different scenarios and clients.My co-workers are very helpful to get the job done and keeping the clients happy. I grew into the posistion and acquired alot of skills.
Pros
We are entilted to a hour lunch
Cons
working hours are from 8-5 and required to work overtime when necessary and two Saturdays a month
I was not impressed at all as I had to use my own car, Car servicing was at my own expense Long hours on the road, no enough time for family The salary was too little for the job that myself and my car were doing. Yes they provide you with Petrol Allowance of R3500 per month but you mannier times for the distance that id travel monthly the petrol was never enough
Pros
lunch any time as you are on the road
Cons
• Inbound and outbound calls • Scheduling appointments for delivery and collection • Dealing with clients enquiries • Dealing with walk in clients and Customers
My typical day at work was when you get difficult clients who don't understand why the bank needs their fica documents. I learned to work under preasure and how to handle difficult clients, always stay calm and never to shout back at a customer. I managed a team of couriers and always build strong partnership with staff and clients at all levels. The hardest part is when a client keeps one of my drivers hostage because he or she doesn't understand why we need to collect a copy of their ID or proof of residence. The banks needs these documents to update their details. Most enjoyable is when management tells me "Job well done".
Pros
braai's
Cons
company was not productive because i was using my own car and get paid monthly only thing that i noticed it a vulnerable when working on that company
Pros
own linch
Cons
I enjoy working within a multicultural environment, As I am passionate about interacting with different individuals and going extra mile. Hence I feel that, should I be given an opportunity to fill this exciting yet challenging role – I will excel in it.
Pros
The more I work with more people the more experience and better
Cons
Faster and accurecy of doing work the better
To promote fair, justice and equitable labour practice. To be recognised as a driver of choice by both agent and the employer . To render reliable and minimal risk service to all clients. To develop and sustain our business overtime by engaging in profit making initiatives.
Pros
we used to bring our own lunch to work
Cons
we had immobile nurse who use to visit us every moths
I am a hard worker and fast learner. I am always willing to help my fellow co-workers. I am not someone that can sit still so I will always look for something to keep me busy even if it is not my job to do. I get along with co-workers no matter what race. I can also speak a bit of Sotho.
Pros
Medical and Pension
Cons
8 to 5
I enjoyed being on the road everyday and seeing all different parts on cape town. everyday was different, I worked very well with everybody
Pros
non
Cons
time management
  1. Employee Reviews