Central University of Technology, Free State

Central University of Technology, Free State Employee Reviews

South Africa27 reviews
3,0
it was stressful as one struggles with accommodation, not enough space for large classes. However this was an experience to work at a higher institution as i managed to learn different lecturing methods and facilitation methods as well as working with other professionals. the culture was very relaxed as one is given academic freedom to research the best methods that one could use, the way to handle bigger groups of students and how to manage marking large groups of students. it is also a learning curve, more especially when one manages to drive students into graduating.
5,0
I am exceptionally myself,I do what is needed to be done, putting all my best for good results. I work to satisfy my heart so that whomever supervising won't complain about poor work standard.
4,0
In working collaborately with co-workers was a very great thing as it helps one to acquire knowledge on how to work effectively and solving of concrete problems in ensuring delivery of quality education services to the students.
5,0
Truly engaging environment in which one grows and has access to future world leaders and present influencers. Great for helping South Africa meeting her challenges. Would recommend if looking to apply.
3,0
helped students with questions that they have about programming,
monitor the noise volume and safety of valuables. it was enjoyable when i helped students with their questions
5,0
The work day is usually eventful, working with student and working with different personalities is difficult but interesting. The management in different departments operate differently, most of them are efficient. The hardest part of the job is dealing with different personalities when things are not going a certain way. The most enjoyable part is working in a team.
3,0
typical day at work is to take weekly minutes, assist amd mentor all first years in adjusting to the studies of engineering.
I learned that there are different ways to approach people who have different cultures and beliefs.

the management was great.

the hardest part of the job was to time management of the work and my studies.

learning the different challenges people go through from home to varsity life and how they overcome them.
Pros
vast amount of experience
3,0
My name is Phale M. Mofokeng and I kindly request that you accept this application for a vacancy as an electronic engineering technician in your company. I have a National Diploma in electronic engineering and currently in pursuit of my B Tech Electrical Engineering (light current) at Central University of Technology: Free State. I am an enthusiastic and a determined hard working individual that is eager to learn, develop and welcome a chance to change and broaden my horizon. I am confident in my ability to grasp a new engineering concept quickly and relish a challenge. It would be an honour and a privilege to be considered for a position so much that I am excited about the prospect of joining your company and I believe I would make an excellent contribution towards your company.
5,0
my day was always great nice to deal or work with please helping them to be able to access the institution's information via Library data base.
what I have learned is that it was very awesome to work with different people from different environment, culture etc.

Management was great we worked as a family with one objective

the hardest part its when you're not able to help a client to the very best satisfaction.

the most enjoyable part its when the whole information needed by the clients its in place and can be accessible.
Pros
benefits of taking books with you for a duration of long days, extra hours pays
Cons
no free lunch
5,0
It is always a busy environment best described by telephones ringing endlessly, various stake-holders and students coming in and out seeking assistance with regards to their registrations.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Central University of Technology, Free State?
4,0
Assist with registration of students and induction procedures. Planning and giving laboratory work for Fluid Mechanic 2, Mechanics of Machines 2 and Electro-technology 2; maintaining disciple among students, mentoring and motivating students to cope with their studies. Giving of theoretical classes if needed and assist with promoting departmental interests through presentation of practical session, ensuring that a correct procedure is carried out according to the Mechanical Department practical procedure.
5,0
I learned that at a workplace there's different people with different personalities. Respect and get to know the different personalities. The enjoyable part of the job was catching learners cheat,thinking we invigilators are blind!
Workplace culture was to always be on time,respect learners,lecturers and fellow colleagues.
Pros
Being able to rest
Cons
Double shift and standing for long hours
3,0
You find yourself doing a high profile job. as an IT Technician but you not being paid according to the work you doing. Management does not consider encouraging its employees to feather their studies.
Pros
Study free
Cons
Long hours and no overtime
4,0
The classes that I taught at CUT was very rewarding. I had such a pleasant time working with 1st and 2nd year students. The modules held great challenges, for both the students and myself. I really enjoyed being part of a great team of tutors and teaching at the university.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Late hours
3,0
marking lab assignments for students and their lab circuits.

how to professionally conduct yourself when you are a leader

it was a very nice work place

the hardest part of the job was to be always fair and square when marking the reports even when you see that they made a slight mistake

the most enjoyable part of the job was helping my peers
Pros
gaining confidence on building circuits
Cons
below par stipent
5,0
Everything Was great, working with different people everyday and friendly superiors was nothing but great experience of a lifetime. I wish most bosses were like my lectures who supported me through everything
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Little to study
3,0
I am used to the job I am currently working. I am not faced with challenges, which is something I need in order to become a productive working being.
Pros
not long hours
Cons
strict hours
5,0
Mondays was always the toughest days, i learnt that hard work pays and working with good attitude leads to professional work, i also learnt that my attitude is essential when it comes to my work, Nashua management is the best that i have ever worked for, their culture is to provide quality service to their clients of which is what we were doing, there was no hardest part in my job because i loved what i do.
Pros
reasonable working days
5,0
Central university of technology it one of the best companies that helps develop young people and their students at the same time.They give experience.
Pros
Can work with out taking lunchies
Cons
I can manage to work long hours
3,0
The Central University of Technology, Free State's Communication Sciences Department is a place where workers push themselves to grow as professionals.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Lack of financial benefits for part time staff members
3,0
Being an Assistant -Lecturer and a Doctoral fellow at the Central University of Technology is quite an exposure in terms of research and teaching and learning experience.Each day comes with its own challenges as both are concerned. During the day i prepare for the lectures which i offer twice a week while writing the chapters of my Doctoral Dissertation alongside some research work.
I have definitely learnt a lot in terms of the field of research and how to impart that which i have learnt throughout the years to my students (Academically wise).

The working environment is a conducive one with a dynamic and diverse working environment. The hardest part of the job is gauging students' understanding through tests, assignments, presentation and exams. Also the marking.

Its so much joy to engage and share with my students during contact sessions
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
late night lectures