Central University of Technology

Central University of Technology Employee Reviews

South Africa73 reviews
4,0
This is a positive working environment that encourages good peoples relationship building amongst staff members and allow one to express issues if any
5,0
Colleagues are very helpful and friendly. the management team trained me sufficiently on the my duties which was very helpful. The work load can be stressful at times.
5,0
Working at Central University of Technology was really nice. It is a busy yet productive work environment of which it's employees care about customer service and excellent service delivery.
4,0
It was good to study at Central University of Technology. More interactive activities were taken. Group and individual work was encouraged fairly. i appreciate it.
Pros
Good course.
Cons
Fair expected hours.
4,0
I was thank for being part of the central university of Technology,being student assistant give me an experience and good communication skills. I thank you
4,0
i work as librarian open and close the library , shelfing books to student ,installing software to student laptops, answering incoming calls, and i had good supervision when it comes to management, the most enjoyable is when i give student books using techwiz
4,0
It has been a very good experience for me, The staff helps you get on your feet, always willing lend you a helping hand. I have personally grown into a better employee who understands the workplace better & Who now because of the growth afforded to me here, I want to expand my Horizons & Skills that I have learned here
5,0
As a students we have many needs.Employers should consider out needs when we get paid.Tha salary must balance with the needs of a student to be able to survive.
3,0
A typical day here, every morning i make sure i switch on computers 30 minutes early for students when they arrive at 08:00. As students arrive make sure i attend to their every needs, assist them with the password registrations and resets and any difficulties they may encounter with their computers.

what i have learned here is patience, to work with people and put students first. learned to communicate more and speak out my mind instead of keeping everything in.

The hardest part of the job is the beginning of the year, where new applicants come through, the pressure and the intense workload and have to attend to each and every student to help them register in order to go home satisfied.

the work culture here is casual yet presentable. when we are in the labs we have on our bips in that way students will be able to locate us much easier when in need of assistance
1,0
There was plenty of opportunity for growth and to learn new skills. Good management
A typical day is overload work sometimes research and lecturing and preparing media and incubating plates .

Lots to learn in team atmosphere.

Good management

work culture is good
Pros
shut down during school holidays
Cons
long hours at work
5,0
You work at your own pace within given time frame. I have learned to scrutinize the work at hand and ensure proper deliverance of the quality of work.
Pros
Free times
Cons
Loads of work
4,0
at wellness we worked so nice and free we talked with student and we helped them test theirselves i've learned to work with people with any race and any age our management was so soft with us we ususally talk and motivate students
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
4,0
I enjoy interacting with students coming from diversified backgrounds. I learn a lot from each other's differences.
I always aim to polish my skills as I interact with them.
Pros
Academic support
Teaching / Research
Research Building services

Managed Construction Technology program

Work place was friendly and competitive

Hardest part was leaving

Enjoyable part was Teaching in class
I learned:
-To be punctual as they are strict on that.

-Good Communication

-To work Place Culture

-To write weekly report

-To Work in a team

-To be a leader
5,0
-it's a very good working environment for one to work for.
-i have learnt alot of things especially, when it comes to administration.

-the management of this are very friendly.

-it's very fruitfull experience, being there.

-to deal with different kinds of students.

-being able to further your studies while employed at this institution.
Pros
free education
Cons
dealing with students
3,0
Typical day is very relaxed.
Learned allot in regards to the skills I needed for my career.

Improved my general skills needed for my career and picked up additional skills that have helpful.
4,0
Arrive at work and wait for the students to come to the Lab, then after i give them the instruction on what to be busy with, assist where they encounter problems.
Pros
Containable Hours
1st years students mentoring and advising
Patience

good

Positive and Good ethics

Part time working while studying

Fulfillment of being able to assist with their studies and how to overcome their difficult time in life without parents being there for them always and and challenges of adulthood
4,0
Atypical work day is me entering marks on the systems and uploading assignments for students.

I learned how to interact with fellow colleagues at the work place and be punctual.

The work culture is very relaxed and fun. Also disciplined.

Most enjoyable part has to be interacting with the students.
Pros
respectable hours
Cons
deadlines
2,0
I work at central university for a year i was studying there doing my third year in office management and technology. I work as a library students helper. My job was to assists leaners who wants books and acess tp computers.
Pros
Free lence
Cons
School hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Central University of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.
3,9