Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
3,8 out of 5 stars.
View all Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital reviews

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital Employee Review

From morning to knock off one is in the midst of a team of colleagues engaged in a collaboratve effort to deliver the best service to our patients The environment entrenched in me the importance of team work Always led by a team of professionals who encouraged everyone to do their best, are keen to give support, impart knowledge and ensure that everyone pulls together in the same direction The hardest part of the job is to have to work with the inherent resource limitations within the public service while trying to help the vulnerable population of patients presenting with a variety of conditions and social problems The most enjoyable part of the job is to see a recovering patient who is ready for discharge knowing that one was part of the efforts to help the patient to recovery

Pros

The environment with a personal touch, where everyone feels a sense of belonging.

Cons

Resource limitations that sometimes frustrates noble efforts to ensure quality service delivery

5,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
4,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
4,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
4,0 out of 5 stars for Management
5,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same roleSame location

A rewarding but trying work environment

Requires resilience and the capacity to work under pressure. Requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to difficulties and changes in the environment. Rewards include working with patients from various walks of life and working with various mental illnesses.
Same location

Educational but stressful

I havr learnt alot working is such a big tertiary hospital. I feel my knowledge and skills would not have been so vast if I worked in a small regional hospital, and for that I will always be thankful.However the department that I work in, being Operational theatre has had a few challenges in the past few years that I have worked there.Firstly, I feel that the management is not supportive enough in considering the shortage of staff. They focus more on the work being done and satisfying statistics instead of the staff and they needs. Secondly, the department has a very stagnant way of operating. Leading to unnecessary overload of work when it come to most disciplines. For example theatre Nursing staff doing work that should be done by operator because that is what the management has allowed and introduced, leading to burn out due to unfair work load instead of training the right people to do the job.And lastly. Doctors are held at higher estimate than any other professional in the department. Therefore making is hard to accelerate matter of concern in various departments. Making it an unhealthy relationship between the multidisciplinary team and Operational managers doing nothing about it.However, The really awesome thing about working in this theatre is that there are frequent department rotations and you get a chance to learn the many disciplines. Unlike being in one discipline for years. Making you gain skills and competency from all the highly specialized units.
Same location

Friendly workplace

Having to do training at CMJAH NHLS was one of the best moments in my life. First day it was nerve wrecking but the welcoming was warm. The staff is friendly.

Pros

Free tea and enough break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,4 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,6 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,4 out of 5 stars for Management
3,4 out of 5 stars for Culture

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital Reviews by Location

• Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
  • CMJAH is a stimulating environment offering a platform to interact with professionals in other disciplines thus facilitating learning and growth