Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital
View all Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital reviews

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital

Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital Employee Review

Multi-disciplinary, pleasant environment

Typical day includes ward rounds and ward work in the morning, followed by ordering of feeds. General outpatients seen at least once a week, with additional clinics such as diabetes etc.

5,0 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,0 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
1,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
5,0 out of 5 stars for Management
5,0 out of 5 stars for Culture

Same roleSame location

Cohesive and Impactful

The hospital is filled with students and qualified HCPs who are friendly, and willing to help the sick and disadvantaged. Many clinics are available to maintain outpatient care management and most patients are seen through referrals from primary health centres/other hospitals.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

Poor infrastructure maintenance
Same location

Educational but stressful

I havr learnt alot working is such a big tertiary hospital. I feel my knowledge and skills would not have been so vast if I worked in a small regional hospital, and for that I will always be thankful.However the department that I work in, being Operational theatre has had a few challenges in the past few years that I have worked there.Firstly, I feel that the management is not supportive enough in considering the shortage of staff. They focus more on the work being done and satisfying statistics instead of the staff and they needs. Secondly, the department has a very stagnant way of operating. Leading to unnecessary overload of work when it come to most disciplines. For example theatre Nursing staff doing work that should be done by operator because that is what the management has allowed and introduced, leading to burn out due to unfair work load instead of training the right people to do the job.And lastly. Doctors are held at higher estimate than any other professional in the department. Therefore making is hard to accelerate matter of concern in various departments. Making it an unhealthy relationship between the multidisciplinary team and Operational managers doing nothing about it.However, The really awesome thing about working in this theatre is that there are frequent department rotations and you get a chance to learn the many disciplines. Unlike being in one discipline for years. Making you gain skills and competency from all the highly specialized units.
Same location

Friendly workplace

Having to do training at CMJAH NHLS was one of the best moments in my life. First day it was nerve wrecking but the welcoming was warm. The staff is friendly.

Pros

Free tea and enough break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance